Enjoyed afternoon tea with a good friend. We sat outside on the terrace of the main restaurant and it was delightful. We had a couple of glasses of fizz, sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, slices of cake (madeira, zebra) and a selection of petit fours. We couldn't get though it all but the waiter was quite happy for us to take home a 'doggy bag'.
The sun shone, the garden was inviting and we had a super afternoon there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex