I was meeting some business colleagues for lunch. I had not been there before so I was very surprised to enter a building that had bucketfuls of character. Oak panels, warm welcome and plenty of space to be accommodated, despite alterations going on.
The restaurant had a very pleasant aspect, crisp linen clones and very attentive staff. The food was excellent, did not take too long to serve and was very well presented. The wine list, was, shal I say, brief but what we had was good quality.
Delightful, clean, quaint, charismatic and attractive are ways to describe this splendid hotel tucked away in the Sussex countryside. Go again? You bet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex