My husband and I stayed at Ockenden Manor for 2 nights as the first part of our honeymoon. We were looking for a few days of pampering and relaxation following a hectic few weeks so booked the Spa package which was inclusive of half board in the restaurant and treatments as well. Overall I think the package price was reasonable and comparable with other spa retreats in the area.
We checked in to the hotel in the afternoon and were upgraded to a Spa suite which was such a lovely gesture, we really appreciated it. The room itself was spacious and the bathroom was fabulous with everything you need to make your stay luxurious. The Spa suites are located in the same building as the spa (which is away from the main house) so it was nice to be able to walk back to our room in robes and flip flops without leaving the building when it was snowing outside.
The Spa itself was lovely and the treatments were great. The only thing I would mention is that they also offer external membership for non guests so even though the hotel was quiet, we found the pool area very busy at times - this also meant that there were quite a few children playing in the pool which I don't think is appropriate for this kind of space as it made the environment a lot less relaxing than we had hoped when paying for a spa experience.
Ive read some reviews regarding poor service in the restaurant but we couldn't fault it! All the staff were friendly and attentive and we never had to wait for our food or for someone to top up our glasses etc. The menu was extensive and the food was beautiful - the only disappointing element I would say is that there seemed to be a lot of 'deconstruction' going on with the dishes - I know this is the 'in' thing for restaurants to do at the moment but sometimes its just nice to get something that resembles its name, especially with classics like a tart or pavlova.
Overall the service was great and everything was really nice, but Im not sure that there is anything that stands out to make me think wow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex