just want to mention about our last visit last sunday for 3 friends who were celebrating their afternoon teas birthday.
in arrival we been waiting with few other peoples for about 10 minutes before someone appear from somewhere .
i do think as we are few of us in catering, know about when you come somewhere is always important to have someone at the door.to welcome you.
then expecting to have a great service then last time ,we deciding walking threw the lounge to sit down and found our table.but no table there set up for us .we have to move some extra chairs around and then the waiter appear and just say tea for everyone, without even giving me a hand to move that chair, or ask us what teas would you like.
then few minute later he came with a table cloth,then mugs and soccer and leave the pot of tea on table without even serving us.well as we know ockenden manor is a place were you expect the waiter to fold the napkins and put it on your lap for you.
no nothing at all like that.the sandwiches arriving on a tray ,looking like they been cut by a child,then follow by scones and cakes who were probably the best part of it.we did ask for more tea and is always been the same tea pot with new hot water and only one tea bag in ,very weak tea and not really good at all,i was expecting earl grey tea as is better ,and no-one never asked me.
then we been left for nearly an hour and we deciding to go and pay.but when my husband went to the reception to pay, he as to tell the girl who he was and what did he have because she didnt have a clue who we were.we could leave by the back window ,no-one will even see it.
but please if you work at the reception it would be nice to not having your dinner with you.i did think that wasn't really professionnal,
i did think maybe more staff be better.so i will think about coming back or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex