This was a birthday treat for my girlfriend and turned out to be a very relaxing/enjoyable stay.
We arrived around 1pm and parked in the first car park where we orignally thought we were staying stating 'hotel'. I walked in with our bags and was told we were actually staying in the spa facility where our room wouldnt be ready for another hour, this wasnt a problem as we were a bit hungry and decided to go for a bit of lunch outside the hotel called 'The Talbot' which was lovely (literally 2 min walk).
After finishing up we made our way back to the hotel and drove down to the 2nd car park which was the spa building.
Rm - We walked up to the main entrance and were welcomed by a nice women who showed us to our room.
Superb room which exceeded all my expectations, a lovely double bed, spacious bathroom with a big bath tub and rain shower. There is a large patio area but is very open and anyone can mooch about this area. - They should put pictures up on there website of the spa rooms.
Spa Facilties - nice sized pool which also linked to outside, hot tub upstairs & a jacuzzi within the insider pool area (say you could fit 4 maybe 5 people in both). walk through rain shower, sauna, steam room, ice fountain all to use. there is also a nicely sized gym with a range of free weights, two running machines,cross trainer, rowing machine, cycling. there is vaious space within the spa both outside and inside for beds to lay on, the sun was out when we were there and was lovely to relax in the sun on very comfy beds. My girlfriend had a 60 minute deep tissue massage by Natalie and was 10/10.
Dinner - this was located in the main historic hotel building - located in the conservatory it was nicely presented but TOO quiet! - they should really play some music. we had a 3 course dinner and was superb, well presented and the food was delicious.
Breakfast - Again located in same area as dinner, usual condiments of a buffet selection table of cereals, fruit/salad, croissants, juice, water etc. A selection of hot breakfasts also included/available which was including in our deal, we had the english fry up and again very nice (music within the room needed too quiet!)
I got a midweek deal via the hotels website which included the one night stay, 3 course dinner from a selected menu (11.50 supplement if selecting the main menu), full english breakfast, spa vouchers, full use of spa facilities day of arrival and day of depature. Definately recommend to anyone is looking for a nice relaxing break away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex