Ockenden Manor is a smallish, unpretentious country hotel with a new spa complex located in the grounds. The building itself is a charming mish mash of styles with wood panelling, old pictures, log fires and comfortable lounge/ bar areas where you can relax with a pot of tea, a glass of something before dinner in the restaurant or just chatting by the fire. The dining room is bright and spacious and although we only stayed half board, the breakast was very nice, served by friendly smiling staff. Clearly Ockenden is the place to go for a good meal although sadly we had to watch the pennies so can't really comment about the food apart from breakfast.
At the time of our visit there weren't too many guests so it almost felt as though we had the place to ourselves. The spa complex a few minutes walk away was a treat with a large indoor/outdoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room sauna etc. Stylish, clean and modern with friendly, helpful young staff.
Our room was just right. A four poster bed, lovely bathroom with roll top bath and walk in shower, spacious, warm, nice view. No complaints.
As a gay couple, we found this hotel to be very welcoming with none of the awkwardness
that affects some independent hotels. Thank you to Ockenden Manor for that.
So if you're straight, gay, straight, but thinking of becoming gay then Ockenden Manor is a wonderful place for a relaxing break just 10 minutes outside Haywards Heath (for the train) and easy to find if you have a car. Now if they could only open a reasonably priced Thai restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex