I have just come back from my second trip to The Anchor at Porlock Weir and it was as perfect as the first.
The staff are so friendly and will do anything to make your stay comfortable.
The hotel itself is a very special place, it is like going back in time and if you are unable to unwind and relax there you will never do anywhere.
A library full of books, sweets everywhere and the view is something that will stay with you for an awful long time after your visit.
There is no noise from any other guest as everybody that stays there goes for the peace.
If anybody gives a bad review then shame on them
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset