I had found this hotel online and wanting to have a destination after a full day's hike on the South Coast Path. I arrived at the hotel exhausted walked through the front door and was greeted by my last name. The checkin took no more than a minute. I was shown to my room by the charming Maria. I stayed in room No. 14 which has a side view of the sea. A lovely room filled with books and lots of windows. After a long bath I went downstairs and sat outside and was immediately asked if I wanted a drink. The next minute I had a pint of ice cold larger in front of me.
I asked for a menu and at the same time book a table for dinner at the restaurant. After I had finished my beer I was escorted to my table and with in 3 minutes my appetizer had arrived. The quality of the food, for all my three courses, was excellent. The service in the restaurant was impeccable. I have been to many legacy hotels in London that don't even come close to the level of service at Millers. I loved my stay at the Millers so much that I made it a plan to spend the last night of my trip back there and I didn't regret it. An amazing hotel indeed and I loved everything about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset