There is no doubt that this is a lovely hotel in a great setting, but my wife and I were left feeling a bit ripped off. The hotel is part of a group owned by Martin Miller - and don't you know it - his name, his products, his writings, his photos are emblazoned all over the place! And it's pretty clear he wants your money! Having said that, it's a really interesting hotel, full of antiques and curios, comfortable, if a bit worn as you'd expect. The service was ok/friendly, the food good but far too expensive. Overall, as I have said, could be better (and cheaper!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset