“Wonderful!”
Review of Bottle and Glass

Bottle and Glass
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bottle & Glass in Picklescott, South Shropshire is now open for business again after a complete renovation and is under the new management of Jon Cornes. Dating back to the 17th century The Bottle & Glass is a quintessentially English country pub which offers accommodation and is full of rustic charm and character, with oak beams, open fires and a wonderfully warm atmosphere. Our carefully prepared menu which is inspired by classic English dishes uses locally sourced produce whenever possible. Jon can be found behind the bar serving some great local ales and fine wines all of which can be found at very competitive prices. Our Sunday lunch is ideal for all the family to enjoy and for special occasions ask for details of our Private Dining Room which we can make available for groups of up to twelve people. Whatever your reason for visiting The Bottle & Glass we can assure you of a very warm and friendly welcome from all of our staff from the moment that you walk through the door. We look forward to welcoming you soon
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This being my 1st visit to the UK, I was a surprise to find an eating place called a "Pub" in a small village and on a lightly traveled one lane road with a cuisine not found in some of the finer restaurants in the US and other places where I have traveled. Not only was the food excellent but the atmosphere was relaxing and service excellent as well. All this and the staff was entertaining and fun. It was my Pub of choice, our group all feeling the same ate every night it was possible to get there.
I highly recommend the Bottle and Glass.

1  Thank camcrest

Reviewed March 16, 2014

While staying in nearby Batchcott Hall for a week, the group of 4-8 of us kept voting to go back for dinner at the Bottle & Glass. So we got to sample most items on their menu.
All the starters, Mains and deserts we tried were Very Good to Excellent. Everything was so well prepared for a small country pub, I was surprised the chef has not move on to a fancy restaurant more likely to earn her a Michelin star or two.
The service was friendly and very accommodating.
We definitely look forward to returning to this pub when we return to the UK next year.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife, daughter and myself called into this cosy pub for lunch after walking in the nearby hills. The welcome from Jon and his staff was friendly and attentive (but not overly so). The pub has a great atmosphere that you appreciate as soon as you walk through the door. The beer was well kept and there was a reasonable range. The menu is well balanced and caters for a variety of tastes. The price was about right for the quality of food presented. My wife and myself opted for the home cooked pie. We were not disappointed; it lived up to our expectations. The vegetables were served separately, there was a choice of three and freshly prepared and cooked just right. The meal was a good size but not too excessive leaving room for a pudding (which we shared!). A gem of a pub and we will definitely tell our friends to visit as we intend to make it a regular stopping place when we are in the area. Not too be missed. Well done.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We ate and stayed here for Valentines Night 2014 and cannot fault the service, the food, or the room.
The Bottle and Glass is a great venue for a quiet drink, a quality meal or a stay away, or all three!
Excellent staff, excellent food, spotless quality rooms!
Thank you to Jon and the team for a great stay.
We'd certainly call back anytime!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I spent a wonderful one night stay at this cosy and spotless little pub in Picklescott near Church Stretton. After a few drinks in the bar served by friendly staff we went into a warm restaurant - log fire, quality comfortable furniture. We enjoyed excellent food - very fresh and well presented. The home made curry was delicious. No room for puds! Very good wine list.
At the end of the evening we went up to our room - quiet, warm with an immaculate bathroom. Again well furnished with Laura Ashley décor and a super comfy bed. No noise at all from the pub below - had a good sleep and went down for an excellent breakfast. Once again the quality of the food shone through.
We highly recommend this charming place - wish we could have stayed another night! The landlord was so kind and generous in spending time talking to us. It is the first time we have ever tried pub accommodation - we usually go for boutique style hotels. I think we prefer this! Will definitely return (hopefully soon) to this fantastic pub.