We've just got back from an amazing week at Plaish Park Farm. It was a family summer holiday: grandparents, cousins, aunt and the three of us.
The farm is beautifully located, you won't hear a car all day, but there are various village pubs within a few miles and plenty of walking direct from the farm. Church Stretton and Ironbridge are both short drives away and well worth visiting: beautiful historic towns with lovely walks and things to do with the kids.
We absolutely loved evrything about the place, but to mention some highlights:
1. The pond just over the field - we spent three days there swimming, boating, taking photos and exploring.
2. 'Permissive access' - Sara and family are happy for you to go anywhere on the farm so we did, feeding the pigs, brushing the horses and finding hidden swings in the woods.
3. The views across Shropshire to Caer Caradoc were magnificent and sitting outside having a barbeque with a beer and just staring in to the distance was bliss.
4. How well-laid out and homely the house was (we stayed in Turnip House). It felt like a home, not a holiday house. All cooking equipment, barbeque, etc. was good quality and well maintained. Everything we needed was there.
5. The facilities for the kids - tennis court, pedal-powered quad bikes, football, basketball, badminton, table tennis, pool, the pond with boat, April the pony, not to mention just running off and exploring. Everything possible has been provided. We had fantastic weather, but I think we would have had as much to do even if we'd had rain.
I would absolutely recomend this place and expect we will be back soon.
- Also Known As:
- Plaish Park Farm Church Stretton, Shropshire