“Bland Fish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Bland Fish”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Had Haddock and Cod as a family - very bland - kind of expected better. Went to Wetherspoons another day further south and that was amazing in comparison. Chips were ok. Chicken nuggets that daughter had were great hence average rating.

Visited August 2014

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“awful food”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Over cooked haddock , over cooked frozen chips and curry sauce like water and expensive , don't waste your money

• Visited August 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Oh boy oh boy is this a great chippy !”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were staying close by and didn't really fancy a restaurant meal and saw a sign by the road for here.
Not being too hungry we didn't order too much, and its a good job we didn't !!
The portions are truly enormous. Huge !
And its the best curry sauce I ever had anywhere !
The girls were chatty and friendly, very interesting conversation and it was definitely one of the best chip shop meals we ever had anywhere. Oh and there is a nice little seating area as well.
Brilliant !

• Visited July 2014
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Nice little chippy”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Looking at all the other reviews this little chippy seems to lack consistency. We called in at around 7.00 pm last week for a fish supper. We did have around a fifteen minute wait but the fish was tasty & I have to say the chips were excellent. So four stars from me & I would definitely call again if in Gairloch.

• Visited July 2014
Nairn
“Not the worst, Not the best”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Despite reading a lot of negative reviews and seeing we were on holiday I thought I would give this chippy a go! I am one of those who likes crispy batter (each to his own) and was not disappointed very nice and crispy batter and a very nice meal in general. Portion size was good, the only criticism I would have would be the wait, lack of friendly service and there seemed to be a lack of organisation from the staff in general. However I would go again as the quality of food was good in our experience!

Visited August 2014