“Gairloch Marine Life Centre & Cruises”

Gairloch Marine Life Centre & Cruises
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gairloch Marine Life Centre & Cruises”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Thanks Ian and Sam for a great trip! From start to finish I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. A friendly welcome from Sam at the Information Centre gave a good first impression. The centre's colourful and informative displays are very educational, and give a good introduction to marine wildlife. Ian made sure we were comfortable, and aware of the essential health & safety aspects of taking a sea trip ~ I felt very secure on his boat and he's a good skipper. He's really knowledgeable about his subject ~ and so enthusiastic. He was happy to answer questions, and made every effort to spot and point out as much wildlife as he could for us. This trip is well worth the £20 fee, and I'd recommend it to anyone. This was my first visit ~ and won't be the last!

1 Thank Sue B

Scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yet another great two hours!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've now been out with this skipper on numerous occasions over past few years. Being a wildlife enthusaist and by no means an expert I have learnt such a lot from Ian. His knowledge and passion is second to none.

My own passion is otters, but I've learnt that no creature, no matter how much (and how desperately!) you want to see one, will be waiting for you to come along. Wildlife in the wild doesn't work like that. That's for sure. I'd recommend if anyone wants instant gratification that they visit a zoo, because that's the only way you'll be virtually guaranteed to see what you want.

That said, I went out with Ian on Saturday - and although the weather eventually turned against us, we caught a glimpse of an otter (yay!), and saw seals plus various birdlife. The real highlights of my trip were a close-up view of an eider duck. What beautiful birds they are - I've only ever seen them at a distance in the water. What a treat! AND doubly so, when we spotted three great northern divers! Fantastic.

I've never worried about asking questions, even though Ian has probably heard them a thousand times before he certainly never shows it.

The beauty of these trips are that you just don't know what will appear.

I shall certainly be back again - brace yourself, Ian!

1 Thank jaydoubleyou16
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best two hours of our holiday!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Went on this cruise in the middle of may. The skipper was so interesting and able to tell us anything we wanted to know about sea life. Not only did we look at birds and mammals, we were also given a local history lesson! It was the best two hours of our holiday. The skipper also did his best to find birds and animals that people on the trip wanted to see-this was great as I'd never seen a puffin before! The passengers on the boat with us included bird enthusiasts, photographers and is (your average joe!!), all of these people seemed to really enjoy it.

1 Thank jemima j
Manchester, United Kingdom
“My cruise”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I knew this was going to be a very good trip when, as I was boarding the boat there was a seal just in the water next to the jetty with his head above the water looking at us. What a great start.
Honestly I have to say this was the best trip of it's kind I have ever been on.
Thanks you so much for a very enjoyable trip with a very knowlegable skipper.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Gairloch Wildlife Cruise”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Excellent trip around the whole of the bay.

The skipper was incredibly knowledgeable and pointed out things which we could never have seen without a local expert.

Recommended for the novice wildlife watcher and expert alike