“Fabulous experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

What I liked best was the meeting of the unanticipated needs of our group. Seriously weatherproof coats were provided and my father who is 83 and partially sighted was very well catered for. I learned a lot about sea life In a friendly, informal environment which felt very safe. A Dutch child was supervised in taking the helm on the journey back to base, an experience enjoyed by all. Coffee and hot chocolate on disembarking was an unexpected and welcome surprise and my sister and I bought beautiful and inexpensive cards created by Jill, one of the proprietors from the base shop. Nothing more could have been done to make the experience truly lovely.

1 Thank Kathy O

Aviemore, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun for a five year old :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

On a recent trip to the Gairloch area we decided to go on a glass bottomed boat trip. During a wander along the pier the evening before, we saw that the next trip was at noon the next day so we signed up. Upon arrival, the lady owner operator gave us a warm welcome as did her 6 week old puppy. During the briefing, she captivated the attention of the three youngsters by telling witty stories about wildlife they might see and set them off on the trip with educational activities to enhance their enjoyment. On the water, the hour and a half passed quickly with the group and skipper pointing out wildlife under and above the water. He was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and the highlight of the trip was when the youngsters (5 years old] got a chance to steer the boat back. Would recommend it.

1 Thank holiday-dawn
gtlasgow
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been coming to Gairloch every year for over 10 years and this was the first time we have done this trip. We have a 31/2 year old and 6 year old. They loved spotting all the sea creatures and it was wonderful to see the landscape we know so well from the water. Ric is funny, extremely knowledgable and very kind. He allowed the boys to steer the boat back to shore which they adored. We spent 11/2 hours on sea that was cam like a millpond in the sun. A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Fun without being a tourist rip off. I would recommend to anyone.

1 Thank gillianc29
Padiham, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I loved this trip out in the Sealife Glass Bottom Boat. It took over 1 and a half hours but the time flew by. Ric was not just an excellent skipper of the boat, he was also very informative. The passengers asked questions ranging from sealife to Geology to Geography to History to wildlife and he calmly dealt with everything and kept everyone interested and happy. I managed to learn a great deal in a relatively short time. A great trip. Meanwhile, back on land Jill at the Booking Office was the person to meet to find out about the trips available and was so good in the meet and greet. I am looking forward to going out on one of their other boats which is called the 'RIB' I think and is like a speedboat. Outstanding value for money and outstanding service from both Jill and Ric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you try this out!

Visited September 2013
Padiham, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Even better second time around!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I went on my second glass bottom boat cruise earlier this week and was once again blown away by the trip but not, fortunately, the wind as it was like a millpond, a sparkly one at that. One of the main features of this attraction is that different trips afford different sighting opportunities and give Ric the chance to show his encyclopaedic knowledge of all things coastal. Last time I sailed, we saw, among other things, the harbour seal playing round under the boat. This time, common grey seals were basking on the rocks keeping weather eye out for us humans. We also got valuable information on the mating habits of limpets and barnacles among other things! For dessert, a sample taste of sugar kelp. Don't give up the day job Ric, Mr Stein has nothing to worry about! Next year Vision. Bring it on!!!

Visited September 2013