“This is the boat trip to go on! Exciting ride and lots of wildlife sightings!”

Hebridean Whale Cruises
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Gairloch
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been on quite a few whale watching boat trips, but this one in Gairloch is by far the best! You start your trip by getting into a big flotation suit which keep you really snug and warm on the boat, even though the boat goes fast you always feel very safe and secure. I have been to Gairloch 4 times now, I go back every year to go on the Hebridean Whale Cruise, in that time I have been lucky enough to see lots of minke whales, 100's of Common dolphins, harbour porpoises, sea eagles and puffins as well as lots of other exciting wildlife. Obviously there are no guarntees when it comes to finding wildlife but if you want to give your self the best chance at seeing wildlife then you should go on the Hebridean Whale Cruise. All staff are professional, knowledgeable and friendly! This boat trip would be a wonderful expierence for anyone!

1  Thank Kay1000x
"rigid inflatable boat"
"warm clothing"
"moray firth"

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We booked the whale cruise for 2 hours which was priced at £35 per person. We were offered the 2.5 hour cruise for £42.50 but we felt that was just a bit expensive for us students. The girl on the phone told us that she would provisionally book us in for the Saturday for a 2 hour.
When we arrived to pay for the cruise the girl behind the desk told us we had been booked in for the 2.5 hour cruise and it would be £42.50 but we said we would have to think about it due to the price as we had been told we were booked for a 2 hour. Seeing that we were the first to be booked in for that cruise she decided to change the cruise to a 2 hour and we only had to pay the £35 pp.

We were so glad as we had such a great time! We seen 3 dolphins, 3 minke whales, porpoises, seals and puffins. So impressive! The speed of the boat was great too!

Would love to see some student prices up there though as it was the most expensive thing we did on our travels.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Recently I went on my 2nd holiday to Gairloch. Whilst there, me and my family, went on 2 whale watching cruises to a magical place called the Shiant Isles. I believe that Hebridean Whale Cruises are the only company who take passangers to the Shiants from the mainland.

The Shaints are a group of small islands that are engulfed with puffins, guillemots and even Sea Eagles as well as many other sea birds. It was like being in another world. We also saw seals & eal pups, 2 minke whales(one which came very close to the boat), dolphins, porpoises and european storm petrols.

Even if I wasn't a lover of wildlife I would have still really enjoyed the trip because of the amazing scenary and it was good fun on the Orca 1(the boat we went on). Its a comfortable boat and the ride was really smooth. I have had seasickness in the past but I didn't get any at all on this trip because the boat didn't really rock. We were also provided with really warm suits which made the trip even more comfortable.

I can't wait to be back on Orca 1 and I wish that I could go every day.

Diane Thompson

Reviewed July 6, 2012

On one Cruise with Hebridean Whale Cruises I saw 3 pods of common dolphins, porpoises, 5 minke whales all lunge feeding around the boat, a huge basking shark,an otter from the pier, thousands of great seabirds including puffins and white tailed eagles and the scenary was fantastic.

We were well looked after on the trip and provided with thermal suits to keep us warm. The journey was comfortable, very enjoyable and so so so exciting.

I would highly reccomend Hebridean Whale Cruises. They made what was already a great Holiday in Gairloch, something really special.

Chris Thompson

2  Thank Tomo247
See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Recently we went to the beautiful town of Gairloch. During our stay we did several whale watching trips with Hebridean Whale Cruises.

The trips went far beyond our expectations. We had amazing views and interactions with Minke Whales, a huge pod of Dolphins, Otters & White Tailed Eagles.

Nick(the skipper and company owner) has a great passion for wildlife and for giving his customers the best chance of seeing something special. He is the proud owner of the number 1 whale watching boat in Scotland - the Orca 1. Nick sees Orcas every year from his boat. We didn't see any but there were some in the area whilst we were there. Hopefully we will be even luckier later in the year when we go back to Gairloch.

If you have a passion for wildlife and the great outdoors I would recommend that you book a trip to Gairloch and whilst your there do at least one trip with Hebridean Whale Cruises.

Thanks Nick and to the rest of the staff at Hebridean Whale Cruises. We had an amazing trip.

Sylvia Wong