“Well worth a visit (revisited)”

The Shieling Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Gairloch
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pleasant bar and restaurant serving breakfast , lunch and dinner . Lovely views over to the Isle of Skye. Average prices . Snack menu .Childrens menu.Coffee lounge. Outside seating for 30 people. Free wifi for customers. HOURS ARE : Monday through Saturday 10 till 4 pm SUNDAY CLOSED
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife and I revisited this lovely restaurant again today and although we were too late for a main meal we had one of the nicest bowls of Cullen Skink and Prawn sandwiches this side of the Great Glen. Again the food was spot-on, we sat on the comfy sofas, the waitress was a lovely girl, and the owner came over and made sure we were happy which was a nice touch.

The main reason for this second review though is mainly to thank him for keeping his word on the problem of people smoking in the doorway, as we noticed the new sign on the small fence by the door way. That shows that this place does care about their customers and that is rare these days, so well done.

I also apologise for my appalling spelling in the last review!!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stopped here twice during our trip in Scotland, once for afternoon coffee and then again for lunch. Both times we were met with friendly and attentive staff. The restaurant had comfortable surroundings with spectacular views. The food was of good value from a large but basic menu.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited the Shieling alongside my friend the last night. Was greeted by the owner enthusiastically and kindly and shown to our table by a helpful waiter. I had the scampi and my friend had the prams which tasted great really enjoyable. Only thing that wasn't great was one of the waiters whom I know but doesn't get along with my friend decided to snigger while we ate and when she cleared the table behind us she continued to smirk and stare. However apart from this me and my friend loved our meal and will be back (hopefully when the waitresses isn't working). The only thing that stopped me giving this place a 5 * review was the waitress.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We live not far from Gairloch and regularly visit the Shieling for lunch. There is always a warm friendly welcome from the staff and huge comfortable couches to relax on while having lunch. The food is great, I can particularly recommend the toasties with haggis and any other fillings that you fancy. If lucky you might get the table right next to the most amazing and very large fish tank full of exotic fish. It also has the most realistic underwater rock formations with living plants that the fish swim in and out of. The Shieling is highly recommended.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

we have eaten here a few times and always been made to feel welcome. The staff are friendly and efficient. Portion sizes are respectable and a good varied menu. The comfy seats in the lounge are a great way to relax with a drink or tea and cake