“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nettlebed
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a Groupon deal in room 3 cInnamon. Staff friendly, food excellent both in the evening and breakfast. Room lovely great big bath, comfy bed and all the things you would need. yes you do hear some noise from the traffic but this place is on a road.
I would definitely go back. Thank you to the staff for a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
london
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here on a groupon deal which represented superb value for money. We were warmly greeted and immediately felt at home. All the staff were polite and helpful. When shown to our room , called olive, it was beautifully decorated clean well appointed with a bathroom I would love in my house. The bed was as big and comfortable as any I have slept in . This is a lovely big and bright room I think it is a superior deluxe and well worth it i.m.o.
The bar area is clean and comfortable and the outside decking area is very nice in the sun.
The restaurant Is South African themed and the steaks and food in general i found cooked well and nicely presented. Breakfast was a buffet affair to which you can help yourself to the usual suspects of cereal, full english with eggs cooked to order with toast coffee orange juice which sets you up superbly for a day in nearby and beautiful Henley on Thames .
Would I return ? Most definitely

Room Tip: I recommend room 9 - olive there is no view which does not detract from the quality of room which is...
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Booked for a night away with the wife.
Arrived early to go riding & were told we were fine to leave the car in the car park.
Had a lovely ride in the surrounding countryside & down to henley,& checked into our lovely room.
Room was clean & modern, a little quirky with the low roof, but we loved it.
Ate in the restaurant, really good food, & very friendly staff.
However, next morning we came down to breakfast & had to interrupt the staff chatting to ask to be shown to a table.
Once our egg choice was taken & brought out to us, the staff vanished again. No condiments were offered, there was no coffee or tea & the breakfast from the buffet was cold. Occasionally we heard a couple of the staff talking about how they didn't want to be working there today!

It didn't spoil the trip, but the acid test is whether I'd stay there again, which I'm not sure of.

• Stayed August 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I bought this as a surprise for my husband's birthday through Groupon, not expecting too much. What a wonderful experience. Our room was amazing. Our outside personal courtyard was an added bonus.
Food was very good. The staff were very friendly & helpful.
Will definitely recommend it to all our friends & return ourselves without groupon..
If you want a relaxing night away this is the place to stay. You can even walk along the waterside in Henley on Thames before breakfast. "Heaven"
!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor room with your own courtyard.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at The White Hart Hotel for two nights in the Honey Suite (all rooms named after fruits etc,)
Superbly decorated with king size bed and roll top freestanding bath in the bedroom. Seperate w.c and bathroom with double walk in shower. Living area with 2 armchairs and a large settee.
Large flat screen tv in living room and another in the bedroom. As this room is at the back of the main building it was very quiet.
Highly recommended for touring the local area of Henley and Marlow

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

,As my partner and I could only stay for one night we thought we would push the boat out and book a superior room at the newly refurbed White Hart having seen the photos of the hotel and rooms on trip advisor. On arrival it was clear that a wonderful refurb had been done and no expense spared on furnishings and decor, the outside eating/relaxing areas were also of a high standard. We checked in with the manager and he showed us to our superior room (room 1 - Mint) pointing out that we also had a private patio area. Once in the room we were a little disappointed, although the room was again good quality furnishings and decor, it was quite small and didnt seem to have anything out of the ordinary that you would expect from a superior room. The manager said it was called a superior room as it was newly refurnished and had a king size bed. On closer inspection, one of the bedside lamps was completely broken and unless the shade was wedged up against the wall it kept toppling off the table onto the floor. The wardrobe door wouldnt shut by approx 5-6 inches and again unless wedged it came right open. there was a lovely crome tri-pod lamp in the corner of the room but we couldnt use it as there was no plug socket near by. The bathroom was very well decorated but was extremely small and badly lit. Finally the private patio was of no use whatsoever as it didnt have any chairs or a table in it, infact the only thing in it were weeds which we growing under the door and into the room! Whilst we did have a very comfortable nights sleep in the king size bed, we did feel that for a newly refurnished superisor room we were left feeling a little disappointed. Having given our comments to the manager he stated that he wasnt aware of the things we had raised and didnt offer an apology or another superior room. We booked a table in the hotel restaurant for our evening meal, on arriving in the restaurant that evening the manager didnt remember who we were or our name (similar to a previous tripadvisor comment to this effect) which we were a little disappointed at, and then the manager just simply said "theres your table over there" and promptly pointed to a table across the restaurant, he made no attempt to show us to our table. We made the assumption that quite possibly he was a little put out at our comments about the room earlier.

Whilst we enjoyed our stay at the White Hart, we feel that there needs to the a little more attention to detail, customer service and the finishing touches in the superior rooms and if done this would be an ideal place to stop over whilst staying in the Henley area.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I purchased a deal on Groupon back in may as a present for my boyfriend, so hurriedly looked at the hotel and it's review on here, so I could get it in time for his birthday. As the date of our stay approached (we were in the area for a wedding the night before) I kept checking the website to make sure it looked nice and wasn't one of those rushed, rubbish deals you buy spur of the moment. Well I did not need to worry, the White Hart was one of the most enjoyable stays I've had on a one night away. The room and bathroom were simply beautiful. Spacious, immaculately clean and with a fabulous interior design. The only slight (and for one night it was SLIGHT) was the noise from the passing cars on the main road. It's August so we needed to sleep with the window open up until a point (about 4 am) but then it got too much. This was more a problem for my other half as I always carry my ipod to sleep with! But if you can perhaps request a room at the back.

Next was the most fantastic meal. Like I said it was a deal that included a three course meal and breakfast. We both teased our taste buds by looking at the menu that was in our room, and we hoped that we'd get a good selection on what was sure to be a set menu. Fear not, the selection was extensive and included steak, ribs and fish - all the more expensive dishes. The food itself was gorgeous, and so was the wine we bought (just the house, was lovely). Breakfast too was very good, and they make your eggs how you like. I also indulged in cream tea and scones the day before... well I was on 'holiday'!

And lastly the staff who were all friendly, smiling and helpful. A credit to such a great hotel. We will be back and we will recommend it to everyone I'll bore by yabbering on about it!

Can you tell I'm a fan? This place deserves 10 stars! **********

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nettlebed
The Cherry Tree Inn