“good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nettlebed
flint wales
“good hotel”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We did groupon voucher which was good deal for 2 night and dinner on evening with wine , lot's of parking, the room was very nice with a shower and big bath only down side was the road and path side our bedroom window the road never stop you need ear pug's ! good food breakfast was fine we use the next day to go into london 1 hour on the train

Room Tip: ask for room at the back on the rroad
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
London, UK
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I chose the White Hart due to an early start for the Henley Women's Regatta - it was the most reasonable place within a few miles!

I had a "standard" double room which was a lovely characterfull room called Butterscotch. The floor was pleasingly wonky and had a number of other original features. The downside of all this was that the shower head was VERY low - I'm barely 5' 6" and I had to crouch a bit to wash my hair! Not a big issue for a one-night stay, but may be more frustrating for those over 6ft.

Despite facing on to the road, I wasn't troubled by noise - there is secondary glazing and ear plugs in the bathroom in case you need them - and slepty beautifully in the very comfy bed.

I also ate in the bar area, and thought the food was very good - delicious chicken and sticky toffee pudding.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I have an early start in the area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
nottingham
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a Groupon voucher and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. We were greeted by manageress Andrea who was absolutely delightful. We had a fabulous room beautifully decorated with a huge freestanding bath. There was also a shower room for my husband. We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good with a rather strange South African influence. We later found out the owner is South African. This is a very old building with lots of character and sloping floors which added to its charm. All the staff were charming and friendly. We would definitely go again. The only drawback was the road noise but that quietened down during the night.

Room Tip: Room 7 was lovely.
1 Thank critiquenottingham
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the White Hart for 1 night through a Groupon deal. First appearances were that the place was very nice. Our room was on the front of the adjoining building which we entered through the rear of the building, past the empty paint tins and the house brick with a pile of cigarette ends on.
The room itself was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable, however, i'm not sure why the room is labelled as a superior room. We slept absolutely fine in the comfy bed but if you're not used to the sound of rush hour traffic then you would struggle.
The bathroom was nice and very clean but the shower lacked any power.
The deal included a 3 course evening meal which was said to include anything from the menu except the butchers counter but when we were seated we were given a separate paper menu. I questioned this and was told that this was the Groupon menu. When I pointed out that the deal included anything from the menu the waitress said 'you can have the standard menu if you like'. I was a little annoyed at being made to feel like the 'poor relatives'.
The meal was nice and presented well. Not much atmosphere in the dining area.
Breakfast was buffet style with choice of eggs to order - no complaints on the breakfast.
Overall the place was pleasant, the staff were generally friendly, the manageress didn't make us feel particularly welcome though. Its ok for a stop off but wouldn't bother going again.

Room Tip: Try one of the rooms on the back
2 Thank Emma J
Waterlooville UK
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Guess what we were Groupon customers and had a great stay.
I had read up on the hotel before we went as we tend to now that we have internet and saw some of the reviews and also the fact the hotel is on the road so we weren't met by any unexpected surprises.
Yes we checked in after 4 as it told us on the groupon voucher and were met by a very pleasant manageress. We then were shown to our room right on the road, if we hadn't wanted this we should have rung up and requested before we arrived to have a room at the rear. While waiting at the check in I looked at all the information on the local area which was on display next to the check in desk.
The room had secondary double glazing which cut out most of the noise of the road and we were provided with ear plugs which we did not need to use and we had two very pleasant sleeps there.
The room was lovely with bespoke décor and a large bathroom with a double sink. The bed was comfortable and the TV ok for what we wanted as we spent only a short while in it!
I had intermittent signal on my phone which is Vodaphones' fault and not the hotels (we have the same problem at home) and the Wi-Fi worked fantastically on my phone, you got the hotel webpage and just had to sign in from there, found it easy to use.
The first night we went to the bar and had snacks rather than a meal and enjoyed the ambiance of the bar, the staff were chatty and friendly, we certainly weren't made to feel like the poor cousins of non groupon customers. We had our 'groupon' meal on the second night when the hotel owner appeared and we had an informative chat with him. The meal was great and a wide variety of choice on the menu.
The only nit picking complaint would possibly be about the staff checking on the cooked breakfast items being continually topped up but that is a minor point and we addressed this at the time with the staff rather than come on here later and stab them in the back and not having had the courage to say it to their faces.

Room Tip: If you just can't stand any noise ask when you book for a room to the rear and read up on places...
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had one night at this hotel and it was one night too many.

We arrived early to be told rather rudely that we had arrived early and couldn't book in. I appreciate that we hadn't checked the book in time and had assumed it was 2pm. However, it would have been nice to have been told of some things that we might like to do in the mean time, like take a drink or of some local attractions that we could go and visit but nothing.... We arrived back at the appointed time, there was no acknowledgement of us even being at the hotel just an hour before and as we have an unusual name I would have thought a greeting by name would have been more appropriate with a question asking if we had found something of interest to do. Made to feel like we were an inconvenience not a guest

We were shown to our room, through the bar, and up some stairs, to the front of the hotel and above the bar. We you could hear traffic on the main round all through the night, and when we went up to bed on the evening you could even hear the people talking in the bar below.

This was supposed to be a romantic break to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and also my husbands birthday. Nothing romantic about this place at all.

The TV in the room went out of tune at regular intervals and as for the free wifi it was virtually non existent and the one time I did manage to get it all I got was the hotels own web site!!!! My husband and I are with two different mobile phone companies but neither of us could get a signal which was particularly disappointing for my husband as he missed all his birthday messages from family.

My husband is not overly tall at just under 6 ft tall but needed to be a limbo dancer to use the shower, not good for a man with a bad back. The air filter in the bathroom was THICK with dust so was neither use nor ornament.

When we left the hotel at about 10am the following morning, there were no members of staff around to air our complaints to about the room or share our thoughts with.

Would I go back no, would I recommend no.

Room Tip: Don't bother
Norfolk
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just a one night stay whilst walking the Ridgeway. A welcome touch of quality after a wet day. A good choice of food on the menu which then lived up to expectations upon arrival. Our room, although on the front of the building was quiet, spacious with an excellent en suite. The staff were charming and helpful. Breakfast, with full english option and choice of eggs, was served promptly and well presented.

Room Tip: Our room was double glazed and despite being at the front of the building was remarkably quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nettlebed
The Cherry Tree Inn
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Remont Oxford Hotel
Remont Oxford Hotel
#3 of 44 in Oxford

Been to The White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!