“Fantastic food and hospitality”
Review of Beaches Restaurant

Beaches Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by a friend and were not disappointed. We arrived and were greeted by Don (front of house) who offered us any table in the house. The menu was small as its all home cooked and of local produce. The delights of the kitchen are produced by Don's wife Sue. The food and hospitality were super. Although the restaurant is not licensed you can take your own and Don will even keep it chilled for you and uncork it for a small fee. You will need to book as out of season it is only open a couple of nights a week. However in the summer periods it is open 7nights a week. Again booking would be recommend. A board outside also advertises when tables are available. All I can say is if your in area you will not be disappointed with this fab find. Please note it a cash only establishment.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

You could not want or better. Very friendly , excellent food. This place really is tops in Alnmouth with good old fashion charm.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had not been for quite a while, but finally we were re-aquainted with excellent hospitality, very good food and a nice atmosphere. This little gem of a restaurant should remain a secret, but if you are in the area, you will not be disappointed, provided you book in advance. Donald takes care of front-of-house, while Susan in the kitchen will ensure you'll be back for more on the next occasion......Specialties are locally caught fish, and the dessert I would go for is the chocolate pot, acalorie bomb you will remember for a long time....You have to bring your own wine/drink (they are not licensed), and cash or cheques are the ways to pay for a nice evening out....

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our first visit to Alnmouth and having tried without success at the Red Lion (too busy), Sun Inn (too claustrophobic) and Schooner Hotel (don't like the smell of paint when eating). We decided to try the Beaches Restaurant. My wife had wondered if it was open as it doesn't have a too dissimilar frontage when open or shut. Please be aware that you have to be holding cash in your wallet as they don't take cards. Only having twenty pounds on us we had thought this was going to be another fruitless endeavour but the gentleman who had served us would have let us bring the remainder of the balance in the next day or put through the door for which we were extremely grateful.

As this wasn't our first choice we hadn't been looking for a fish restaurant and so were limited by the menu. We both went for jimmy's sausages and with me being the heathen I had chips instead of vegetables.

My wife was slightly disappointed with the vegetables and I had thought for the price we could have had fresh cut chips instead of straight frozen.

The meals were ample for what they were and they certainly filled a gap. The places rustic charm and bring your own drink policy will suit those looking for this in their stay its just that we hadn't been looking for this.

I would have liked somewhere a bit lighter and at least have matching cutlery. (my wife has just read the review and says that I am not romantic)

3  Thank Graham K
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Excellent fish dishes - I think they serve whatever is best at the fish market that day. We managed to get a table there twice during our long weekend in Northumberland and rate it highly.