“This beach is hazardous!”
Review of Beaches

Beaches
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alnmouth
Beaches
Ranked #10 of 11 Alnmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 8, 2010

On approaching Beaches I felt an overwhelming sense of dread, which only increased as I entered the establishment. A smell of cabbage and dogs assaulted my poor nostrils as I was led up to my room. I entered the room and was greeted by mismatched furniture and bed linen, an ancient carpet and a rusty old storage heater. I was instantly VERY disappointed. On further inspection I found the television was directly above the bed, making viewing almost impossible. As I opened the door to what I believed to be the ensuite, I found a smaller room, again horribly mismatched with demonic cuddly toys eyeballing me from the corner. An opressive, dated bathroom awaited. What a surprise(!) Depressed and dejected, I decided to attempt sleep. To my sheer horror the sheets were damp, which the proprietor later blamed on the torrential rain they had the previous night. Ridiculous! After a thoroughly awful night's sleep I wanted to leave immediately, happily omitting the breakfast. This establishment is NOT worth the rates it charges. Desperately in need of a visit from The Hotel Inspector! AVOID!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2010

The beaches was horrible.
Stayed one night with some family members and was very disappointed.
The place felt damp, stank of dogs and in general it looked grotty.
The towels in the bathroom were an array of mismatched colours, the tv was positioned at an obscure angle and i was greeted by a woman with food stains splashed over her top. Yuk. Certainly put me off having a breakfast.
How the place is rated i will never know! I feel this beach should be shown the red flag.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2010

As we pulled up to Beaches after an exhausting but brilliant day, we were looking forward to a lovely night in with a bottle of wine & lots of laughter. Well, we certainly needed the wine to dull the pain of staying here & laughter soon turned to tears. On entering the building you can't help but notice a wet dog smell coupled with the threadbare carpet going up the stairs. With old cuddly toys greeting you around the corners, we entered our room. With my niece screaming in the background 'Please don't make me stay here!!' I looked around our room. It was so dated. Old patterned carpets with mismatched bed linen, old plastic furniture & a shabby bathroom, definately not shabby chic as listed in a previous review, a television placed so high above the bed you need to lie horizontal to watch it (quite tricky whilst sipping your boiling hot tea) and I am simply amazed that this place has been allocated 3 diamonds by the tourist board. When was that...1968? I'm sorry Mr Owner because you were quite sweet but I really must voice my opinions. A wonderful day was thoroughly spoilt.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Bohobindi
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We booked The Beaches at the very last minute and enjoyed a comfortable stay in Northumberland. We were welcomed warmly by our hosts and helped up to our room. There are beautiful walks near by and the beach is only 5 minutes from the B&B. Our room was comfortable and the bed was HUGE - even with a 6'2'' husband!!! We did miss having a shower, but there was plenty of hot water for a bath! Breakfast was wonderful - a good range of fruit, yogurt and cereals (fresh strawberries in February!!! Yum!) and a freshly prepared cooked breakfast to order! Definately set us up for the day ahead!
We visited during the low season, so were unable to enjoy dinner at The Beaches, but we did enjoy food at a local pub up the road.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lemonmoggy
Reviewed September 7, 2009

The Beaches deserves its good reputation on this site on the whole. The welcome was warm and we were very grateful for an unexpected lift from the station by one of the owners. Throughout our stay, we were very well looked after, with a very flexible approach - for example we were allowed to keep our room into the afternoon at no cost.
Breakfast was very good indeed with a lovely mixture of fresh fruit and cooked food on offer; we also enjoyed our evening meal. With all these pluses, we would only comment that the accommodation is probably due a minor update. We found the lack of a shower in our room a problem and a lick of paint and a few minor repairs would improve this property. In a surprisingly expensive part of the world for a holiday, we felt we got average value for money.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mattinbrum
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Stayed here for a weeks holiday. We found the Beaches quaint and more importantly comfy. Large double bed and a bath not a shower which we prefered. The evening food was excellent and the breakfasts fantastic.
Alnmouth a great location to tour from made better by knowing you were coming back to this lovely hotel and the friendly hosts Donald and Susan

Audrey and John from Macclesfield

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank olliei
Reviewed January 11, 2009

we've visited alnmouth a number of times, but this was our first stay at beaches. restaurant food is excellent, good value, especially as it is BYO. our room had a fantastic large bed, only downside was no shower. great breakfast and hospitality from the owners. they are a lovely couple.
had good food in the evening at the red lion and the hope and anchor too. both these pubs (like beaches) are very dog friendly

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family