Review Highlights
Great fun

Greens in great nick and so much fun to hit off proper links fairways. 150 years old next year and... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Ross .
via mobile
Good nine holes well presented

Reviewed 1 week ago
John H
Canberra, Australia

All reviews played holes golf course lovely beach golf club oldest challenging honesty box england tee clubhouse visitors coast dog
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Greens in great nick and so much fun to hit off proper links fairways.
150 years old next year and thriving.
Great natural layout and the views to die for.
The sort of golf l live for as a member of Royal North Devon which is a couple of years older, and Rye which is just younger.
Loved the unpretentious clubhouse.

Thank Ross .
Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I played here twice during our stay in the area. The father and daughter team in the club house could not have been more accommodating particularly as I was unable to play without a cart. The course is challenging given its short length particularly in the wind . There is also a road crossing the course in front of the second which requires attention. The fifth hole is particularly tricky !
Our soup and sandwiches in the clubhouse were good and also on our second visit the hot food. WiFi was good at this venue .

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have been visiting Alnmouth for many years and have always wanted to play this course. This visit I got my wish and what a lovely course it is. Unpretentious, stunning scenery and in good nick. All the holes were challenging and stunning. There can’t be many more beautiful courses in the uk. Will be back here next time I’m in town.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the village and enjoyed playing the oldest 9 hole course in England . No problem with booking tee times , just turned up and played. Nice little clubhouse with food and drinks available.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Bought my family this year had a superb Sunday lunch everyone at the club so friendly & helpful my 2 grandsons played 9 holes & fell in love with the club coming back next year

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

This course is a great links test and in 40 mph is a tough 9 hole track. Oldest 9 hole course in the country. Really helpful friendly staff and greens in great condition - will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

As non golfers or even social members we called in for a drink early evening for a 'look round'? Everyone was very friendly. The venue is compact but clean and tidy with lots of historical photos on the wall. Views from the lounge across the links are lovely and you can sit outside and enjoy your drink. Not sure about food as we did not eat. Not sure if you can take your dog in. As long time visitors and soon to be residents in the village we will be back.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Non-members can pop in and get a drink at the bar – which we did after a good old walk on the beach. The chap behind the bar was very friendly and he also had some plain, cheese and fruit scones which we enjoyed for a snack. The view from the window seats over the course to the beach was lovely and I think you’re allowed to take your drinks outside and sit on the benches and enjoy them in the fresh air. Maybe you’re not, but I did anyway.

Lovely place for a pint and a G&T.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Lovely links course. Honesty box...do not abuse. Well kept course and really enjoyable to play. we played 18 holes on two separate days and enjoyed every minute. A real treat so do not miss it as you look for 'better known' courses.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

We had many family holidays in Alnmouth when our kids were wee but have returned this year with them as two teenagers.
I always enjoyed a game on Alnmouth Village Links but this year my lads also were keen to play.
Alnmouth Village is a very old Links course set on classic Links ground, right on the Northumbrian coast. The course is in superb condition but, as with all proper Links courses, it presents a variety of challenges linked to weather conditions/ wind direction etc.
Alnmouth is a 9 hole course, all along the coast with two holes ( 6 and 7) going up a hill then back down, adding to the test.
It is a lovely, charming golf course set beautifully against an Alnmouth back drop, lovely beach, and charging waves.
It is a nice test of golf. Never easy but not overly demanding. Wide fairways, little rough, but always with a threat of out-of-bounds down the right hand side. It is a perfect example of old fashioned Links golf.
Visitors like us can purchase a £60 unlimited access ticket which is superb value for money.
A wonderful wee course, in a magical location, and unconditionally recommended.

2  Thank DJM1965