“Well worth a visit”

Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Half price food between 4 and 5 30 offer and the food was delicious. The goats cheese starter was far better than the crab one but this was also good. I had a lamb dish and my partner had the pork, both were well presented and very tasty. We had visited this establishment before but the pub part was closed for a refurb this time, so looking forward to our next visit

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I'm more than happy to pay for food at this restaurant during happy hour only! They used to half all the bill but I've noticed recently they are more selective - not including drinks etc !! This is a shame as the menu out of happy hour is overpriced for the quality of food received.
The service is normally pretty poor also but for half price with a few drinks who cares!!
If they lose the happy hour I won't return - more than happy with the food at happy hour prices & thoroughly enjoy the location.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Have been visiting Northumberland for about 40 years as I have had family links there in the past. That is about the same amount of time since the premises was decorated I suspect. Friendly welcome and decent evening meal from the menu of the adjoining Italian restaurant, run by the same people. The 'Superior' room and general pub decor however well under par. We were however informed by a young man that it was due to be completely refurbished in the next few weeks.
The breakfast was under average and seemed to rely on a single member of staff to serve, check people out and answer queries.
Can't fault the location and the dog was made welcome. Bed comfortable but would be much better if it was transformed to 21st century standards.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Headed in during Happy Hour - when the food is half priced and proved excellent value for money. Usually our dog is consigned to the car but was welcomed with a dog biscuit on arrival. We ordered from the Italian menu (the Italia adjoins the main bar) and enjoyed our pizzas cooked freshly to order.
Would certainly pay a return visit if in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

On previous stays in Alnmouth we've eaten at the Hope and Anchor. This year, however, they have turned the adjoining restaurant into an Italian restaurant and it is very, very nice. We ate here our first night and because the food was so good we ended up eating here the next two nights as well! The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We stay at the same guest house on all our visits to Alnmouth and looks like we'll be eating at this restaurant each visit too. I rarely eat chips but the chips here were amazing and I had them three nights!! Particularly excellent value during happy hour where the majority of the items on the menu are half price. We've been told the bar side of the Hope and Anchor is being refurbished so we're looking foward to seeing it next year.

1  Thank Liz M