“Go early”

The Italia
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small restaurant in the sea-side village of Alnmouth. You can find us in the Hope & Anchor hotel which is on the villages main street. Booking are essential. All of our food is locally sourced (whenever possible) and is all homemade.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

WE were told by our host at the Saddle bed and breakfast that if we went between 4.00 and 5.30 we would get our food for half price and we did (twice). The place was lovely and we could see the food being prepared. Our meals on both nights were excellent and we loved it. Another couple we know were staying at the same b and b and they went to The Italia three out of their four nights.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great restaurant ,and great to have so close to my home in Lesbury,have been twice,once with friends,once with children,both times service and food were fantastic.Well done!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Came with friends the day after valentines! It was very busy and our party of 6 were looked after extremely well!! Will return soon to check out happy hour :-)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went with wife and two kids for the happy hour excellent value. Crab pancakes and all the pizzas and pastas delicious. Very satisfied and the restaurant is spacious and welcoming.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went here a couple of weeks ago with high expectations after being told it was the place to eat in Alnmouth. The staff were very poor from start to finish and the food was below average.

I opted to try the steak and sausage skewers priced at a whopping £14.95 which turned out to be very disappointing, i was given 1 skewer (not SKEWERS as advertised) with 5 cubes of tough over cooked steak with 3 pieces of morrisons sausage attached.

My partner tried a ham pizza dish which she described as very bland with processed ham.

The staff are very young a dont really have a clue what they are doing, they dont even use a serving cloth when bringing your food to the table.

I decided to share my views with the staff when it came to pay i explained how disappointed i was with both dishes and explained to pay £14.95 for 1 skewer is ridiculous. He said he would inform the chef and i wasnt even offered the chance to air my views personally to him, in the end he deducted my soft drink from the bill in the hope it would keep me happy. When i told him this was not enough i was told this is all he can do and walked off.

Overall i would say this place has a very limited menu and the food is not worth the money they are charging, I WONT BE BACK!!

1  Thank Dan-230877