Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hope and Anchor, a nice friendly atmosphere where you can sit and have a nice relaxing drink or bar meal. There's also an excellent Italian restaurant adjoining the premises with excellent food. Well worth a visit.
We went on a coupon deal in May 2013 and were put in the "Lapwing" en-suite room, with a double and 2 twin beds so ideal for a family.
This is in an ideal location for touring Northumberland, with the likes of Warkworth, Alnwick and Bamburgh castles close by.
I believe the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment shortly so phone to check if its open if just visiting to drink or eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hope & Anchor. We are currently in the progress of refurbishing our bedrooms! We are hoping they all will be completed Easter 2016! Our bar & restaurants are still open and you're more than welcome to join us for the evening for a few drinks and a spot of food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Hope & Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hope & Anchor Hotel Alnmouth
- The Hope And Anchor
- Hope Anchor Alnmouth
- The Hope & Anchor Alnmouth, Northumberland