“A delicious evening”

Bistro 23
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve breakfast,morning coffees & cake,light lunches,afternoon tea in the Tea room and on some evenings bistro meals.Please ring for opening hours as it depends on time of year.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had read great reviews and decided to try it for ourselves. The ambience, hosts and food were out of this world! We were sat in a corner near the window, low lit by candles and a few lights. Wine was well chilled, friendly hosts who took time to speak to you, but also left you alone to enjoy the
meal. The food was beautifully presented with fresh local produce. We only wish we were here longer to have a return visit. Thank you for a fantastic evening we will definitely recommend Bistro 23 to family, who are returning in the New Year!

2  Thank loz and phil s

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I were lucky to get a table at Bistro 23 for their first 'sea food special' evening - something they intend to do every Thursday.
The food was superb - all very local and very fresh - and beautifully presented. The menu is restricted to a few choices but this is in our view a good thing. The restaurant seems to focus on doing a few things well rather than trying to offer too much and risking having to compromise quality.
The service was excellent - friendly and prompt and attentive to the right degree. The restaurant is small but tastefully decorated and exudes a really pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
Prices are very reasonable and that extends to a good quality and good value wine list.
I had local (caught that morning) wild sea trout and my wife had local caught lobster, both excellent. Starters and deserts were also superb and produced with great attention to detail.

2  Thank stephen b
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved the cosy table near the old original cooking range; even quick history lesson. Wine well chilled. Food beautifully presented with unusual twists. Very fresh flavours, though a few more mussels would have gone down well. A very enjoyable evening.

2  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Yesterday had another lovely lunch here. Can't remember how many times we have been, but we will certainly be back! Wonderfull kipper and lovely lobster. Happy helpful staff and yummy food. Great.

2  Thank meadowmaid
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Simple honest menu which was complemented by a great host, this small Bistro by night ( tea rooms by day) is popular , I rarely come across a board outside a business these days that has the words full.
My choice of starter was local line caught trout with homemade potatoe salad was fresh and sizeable. My choice of main course Northumbrian beef on a bed of red cabbage melted in the mouth.
I shall be back before my 53rd birthday , actually I re-booked for next Thursday , Sea food night !

2  Thank Clive M