“A1 food”

Bistro 23
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve breakfast,morning coffees & cake,light lunches,afternoon tea in the Tea room and on some evenings bistro meals.Please ring for opening hours as it depends on time of year.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me and my partner arrived 8.55pm last orders was 9.00pm was not a problem they found us a table and wasn't rushed to order in fact called the waiter over to place our order and waiter was very polite. Tourist boards talk a lot about hidden gems, well believe me this is definitely one. the menu isn't large but after experiencing a selection from it I must say I wouldn't hesitate to try them all. Food magnificent, service second to none. please if you are in area or even got to make a detour to try it out, please don't miss out on a truly lovely experience. please remember only open WEDNESDAY&SATURDAY EVENINGS.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Based on the rating given by Tripadvisor 4 of us had dinner on a Wednesday night (they are only open Wed & Sat evenings as it is a Tearoom during the day).
We were not disappointed. We were warmly greeted and the food was excellent. When chatting to the owner he told us that he starts prepping the food himself ready for the chef coming in on the two nights they are open. The menu is small but still difficult to choose as everything sounded wonderful.
What more is there to say - try it!

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Put that in the title as it wasn't overly obvious. Great food, small menu which I would say was a good sign, 5 starters and 5 mains, pick the things you can do well. Souffle was very good, fish well cooked. Only critisism was that the prawns that came with my fish dish were either frozen cooked, overcooked or I didn't like them. Friendly staff, nice setting, worth a visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Dont go in hungry you will still be hungry tiny portions for the money, and Im a small eater the other half is a big eater he had to call in and get a take away on the way home !!!

6  Thank hotlegs50
bistro23, Owner at Bistro 23, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I am responding to your review of Bistro 23 after your visit in January . I am certain that you have visited during the day, when we trade as The Tea Cosy Tea room, not Bistro 23.During the day we sell snacks and light lunches at competitive prices.In the bistro the meals are much more substantial and I would hope that you come and try it out should you ever be back in Alnmouth.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Having seen this restaurant praised on Tripadvisor we decided to try it out. Rang to see if I could make a booking and Alistair said that at that moment they were not sure if they would be open that evening or not as we were the first enquiry. Said he would ring back early in the week we were going to let us know the situation and would recommend an alternative restaurant if necessary. As it was I received a call the week before to say that they would be open. Did not need a taxi as only 28 paces from where we were staying and on a very cold evening went in to an immediate warm welcome. The food was excellent throughout-good choice of starters and main courses (we did not get round to desserts as no room!). Very friendly and professional service from start to finish plus some interesting tales/facts about Alnmouth and the area. When we visit Alnmouth again then this will be a first port of call.

1  Thank lynsam