“Nice lunch!!!”

The Red Lion Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Popped in for a pot of tea and a bowl of soup, both were excellent, served in the cosy bar. If your in Almouth do not miss this one!!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Was looking for somewhere to eat near the a1 and saw the reviews and made the short detour. It seemed so welcoming that we decided to ask if they had a room and made a night of it. Very happy with the food (Steak and Ale pie and I had a larger portion of the Salmon linguine, and a wickedly good brownie) Breakfast was great, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, fresh fruit salad, good coffee. The staff were so friendly and helpful , even warning us to check for flooding before we set off in the morning.
The rooms are very nicely furnished , lovely style but with some character -but can the tray table have padded edges, I have a huge bruise from unsuccessfully squeezing past it ;) Bedding, towels all seem very nice quality, much better than average B and B.
I would thoroughly recommend this establishment for dinner, a cosy drink , or a very good B and B.

1  Thank BartelbyB
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The pub has a great dining room next to the bar. The fillet steak was excellent - cooked to perfection. Service was really good too - a young team and enthusiastic.

1  Thank Paully10
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Didn't enjoy my trip to the Red Lion 12 months previously so I was a little apprehensive

We had 2 visits during our week in Alnmouth this time and I was pleasantly surprised

We didn't actually eat but all of the people around us who were doing so seemed to be enjoying themselves

We were made to feel welcome as were our children, there were also dog walkers, ramblers and other couple/families in the pub

Good beer selection (a little pricey but par for the course in these parts if you excuse the golfing pun)

Would love to visit on a cold winter's night to see what it's like

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Visited here with my family and had a lovely evening. The food was of excellent quality and well presented. The restaurant was fairly intimate with nice decor, exposed brickwork and a feature wall of terracotta. Music played quietly in the background to create a lovely atmosphere. We all loved the food including our twelve year old who enjoyed the sausage and mash. My husband raved over the Steak and Ale pie and my burger was delicious. The waiter was friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this place and we are looking forward to our next visit.