Red Lion Inn
$105
Travelocity
Hotels.com
St Aidan Hotel(Seahouses)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsred lionthe pubbeer gardensteak and ale pieliverreal alebeer festivalfor sunday lunchraised deckinggreat selection of beersgreat atmospheresea bassmashrisottoopen firekippersreal fire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This pub has loads of character. I am a real ale man and they performed in this dept. Very friendly and efficient staff. We had sunday lunch which was generous portion and great quality and arrived less than 10 mins after order despite being very busy. Beech ten minute walk.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Only had lunch and didn't stay over. On a coastal cycle tour and stopped here on a sunny August lunchtime. Plenty of space for the bikes in the rear car park.

The beer garden is very large with plenty of tables. The best are on the decking at the back with amazing views over the estuary and surrounding countryside.

Menu is excellent with local produce. Whilst there I saw the local butcher delivering a tray of fresh meat.

The chips are homemade and the best I've ever had. I had a hot beed sandwich which was outstanding. The bar area is lovely and the staff friendly.

I will be staying over next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We visit the Red Lion every time we come to Northumberland and have never been disappointed yet. The food in the bar is consistently excellent, especially the sea food. Nice beer garden round the back with views over the Aln estuary. Also has a small separate restaurant if you want to be a bit quieter than in the main bar.
Very dog friendly, you can take your dog into the bar and beer garden. What could be better after a walk on the beach?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hcotts
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Don't wish to pour cold water on this well-run, attractive pub in the lovely High Street of Alnmouth. But don't expect more than pub-level food. Frankly, all our main courses were badly over-cooked; my wlfe's coley was borderline burned, my mum's chicken was tasteless and my pork belly was very weary. The quantities were gargantuan, which I don't find fun, suitable only for people who've completed very long walks/cycle rides or those wishing to become seriously obese. In fairness, elements were good; the redcurrant accompaniment to my pork belly was tangy and helped me to get through it; the roast vegetables had some flavour, vegetables often don't in restaurants; the sticky toffee pudding goo was scrummy but how could anyone eat so much? I left half and still woke up in the night feeling pogged. Fine place to get a tummy full of wholesome food, but I think some reviewers have confused this with it being a good restaurant..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We ate here a few times during our holiday in Alnmouth, lovely food (the crab, lime and chilli risotto was superb), reasonable prices, good company, good staff and they let dogs in the bar, what more could anyone ask? just wish it was nearer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple