“Lovely food and service”

The Endeavour Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Staithes
Cuisines: European, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Whether you're rambling along the Cleveland Way from Saltburn to Scarborough, or just day tripping to one of the stunning beaches nearby, such as Runswick Bay, or Staithes it self, for a spot of fossil hunting, you're sure of a warm welcome into The Endeavour Kitchen, even in darkest mid Winter, we serve up cockle-warming specials. We like to keep the customer on their sandy toes here at The Endeavour Kitchen, so we just have chalk boards that change as often as the great Yorkshire weather with dishes that are classical and seasonal but always with an Endeavour Kitchen twist, and of course featuring the star of the coastal show, the fantastic local seafood and shellfish. We are so very lucky to have fantastic ingredients literally on our doorstep......Fresh from the boats, like the Lobsters from Drew Baxter or from my partners Crab and Fish Processing units, with its own Smokehouse at the top of the Village Whitby Seafish Ltd and Whitby Crab Company Ltd. If it is breakfast you are after or lunch we will be able to please, the only problem you will encounter is which dish to choose....
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a lovely evening meal at The Endeavour. The food was excellent quality and very well cooked. The staff were very friendly and went that extra mile for us - literally!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Went here to celebrate wedding anniversary, small but thoughtful menu complemented by an interesting wine list.
Excellent food, well cooked and presented, efficient discreet service, very good value to boot!
What's not to like!

1  Thank ZincD
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've just returned from a lovely evening at The Endeavour - my first visit but definitely not my last.

First of all I'd definitely advise you to book if you're planning a visit. It's a very small restaurant and is only open from 6:30 - 9pm Thursday - Saturday. We went on a Thursday evening and it was busy when we arrived and full when we left.

My party had mains and desserts, all of which were well cooked and flavoursome, especially the spiced lamb. I have to say that I thought the portions were a bit on the small side, and in hindsight I wish I'd ordered a starter - but I do have a rather healthy appetite! Although we didn't have wine, there was a good selection on offer and the pricing was fair.

Overall, a lovely evening was had by all. Tasty food in a beautiful dining room, with very pleasant staff.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

The food was good but limited, as a seaside location where is the lobster, crab, scallops etc?
Portions small, three £2 coin size potatoes to accompany the cod loin?
The menu was terrible. Mains were two cod dishes, pasta (on the coast?) it makes no sense. The pub down the street will serve fresh lobster if you give them notice.
We required drinks but the staff were across the road talking to friends.
If you're gonna pretend to be a restaurant you need a better menu and service.

2  Thank Davidnutter
Reviewed June 8, 2014

A most enjoyable evening. The food was delicious freshly cooked to order. Will definitely return very soon.