“Fantastic”

The Cod and Lobster
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Staithes
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Real Ale And Pub Food On The Seafront, Overlooking The Harbour In Staithes. Bottome Of Church Street, Opposite Gun Gutter
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went to the cod and lobster ss a birthday treat. The food was out of this world, atmosphere welcoming and all staff great and helpful. We had the fish and chips and the seafood platter. The food was lovely and hot and the serving on staff were pleasant and helpful. There was definitely no room for pudding!

2  Thank friendlyy1995

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Given the prime location of the pub at the foot of the harbour I expected the food to be overpriced and sub-standard but I was surprised. I ordered the fish platter which was really intended to be a filling starter for two people. A huge plate of assorted fresh fish for a tenner was superb and I would recommend it. Don't come here expecting fine dining but do expect simple, honest cooking with fresh ingredients.

There were some decent ales on tap also including Old Jacks Tipple, in homage to the kids TV series Old Jacks Boat being filmed in the harbour while I was there.

This is also a very friendly pub with good service. If you sit outside there's a prime view of the harbour, although it may be getting a bit cold for that now!

1  Thank TimForTravel
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The location of this pub really could not be better being around 6 feet from the beach and harbour. We called in after taking the labrador for a swim and run around the beach. We both ordered the fish, chips and mushy peas. Chips were cooked to perfection and both the fish and the batter were excellent. The fish was enormous by the way and prices reasonable. Staff were friendly so well worth a visit.

3  Thank Dave H
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had lunch here after a quick look around the harbour. We had a salad each which came with chips. The chips were really good and the best thing about the meal. The crab salad had plenty of crab, and plenty of cheese on my cheese salad. We found the salad gritty though. The serving staff meant well and were polite, but I thought they weren't being properly taught good customer service.

1  Thank Jorama
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Location could not be better,overlooking the harbour. We started with drinks at a table outside and decided to stay for an early evening meal.I ordered the seafood platter ,my wife fish cakes. A side order of chips were some of the best chips we've had.The other food was just ok.The location makes up for everything