Not much to shout about on the decor, and we didn't try the food, but the real ale was top notch. On our second visit they had a beer festival and every beer we tasted was spot on. Very friendly service also. I think that the present owners haven't had the place long and some renovation work was in progress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Captain Cook Inn sits in the top of the beautiful village of Staithes, situated on the Cleveland Way and only 10 miles to Whitby, its perfectly situated for all travellers. The Inn offers nine well appointed rooms, all en-suite, with TV, complementary refreshment trays and bathroom goodies. There is free parking for customers and free access to wi-fi. Customers have a choice of guest real ale's or can opt for our locally brewed Northern Navigator from the well stocked bar, which has been voted Winter Pub of the Season 15/16 by the local CAMRA group. Our menu is varied and we offer a 'specials' board along side our regular menu. Our freshly prepared food can be enjoyed either in the bar or in the elegent dining room, or indeed weather permitting alfresco! We also offer great Sunday Lunches every Sunday throughout the year. All our food is freshly prepared in our 5 star hygiene rated kitchen. Whether you're just popping in for a drink, a bite to eat or staying for a while in one of our comfortable rooms, we will ensure you have a thoroughly enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Captain Cook Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Cook Hotel Staithes
- Captain Cook Inn Staithes, Yorkshire