“The best pub in the world”
Review of Cover Bridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Witton
Cover Bridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 East Witton B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Wonderful beers, food and location, friendly welcoming staff and other customers. Been there many times over the last 5 years plus and always totally excellent. Can't wait to stay there at some point in the near future.

Room Tip: Visit if you possibly can
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a little country pub with only three en suite bedrooms.There is normally 2 log fires burning with dogs warming themselves and their owners.The food is typical Yorkshire fare, well made and lots of it at a very reasonable price. My family make a point of visiting at least once a year and as I fish nearby I am there more often, it might be the attraction of the excellent selection of real ales but I tell my daughters it is the log fires.The staff make you very welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. If you love walking, fishing, eating, drinking, or have a dof then thi splace is a must to visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alan h
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Cover Bridge Inn was recommended to us by a local couple we met. We used to run steakhouses and can tell when someone cares.
This is not a fine dining experience. But it is a genuine, country pub where someone takes pride that everything on the plate is done just right - and at a good price. I had a rare, sirloin steak which must have been around 12oz and was rare. My wife had chicken Kiev which was home-made.
I have never felt the need to write a review before but felt that I had to on this occasion. It may be years before I feel like writing one again. This place is doing it right!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Billynomates_12
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My partner found this pub in a beer guide so we decided to venture out and visit one day and I'm certainly glad we did. The beer was great with a wide selection of guest beers and the food was also great and served by friendly and welcoming staff. We shall deffinatly be visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had a couple of days nearby and planned to eat out twice. Went here the first night and went back again as the food was great, with a good choice (even for the vegetarian in the party). Very friendly atmosphere, great beer garden but even if the weather is not good the pub itself has a a great feel. We ended up chatting to a few folks, many of whom were local which is always a good sign. Great value for excellent pub food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We come here regularly to eat and it's warm, friendly, traditional pub - food and beer are excellent

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigG1
Reviewed June 6, 2012

What a find, my husband and I stayed here for one night with 2 other couples. The accommodation has 3 ensuite rooms, all very comfy. Would have like to have spent another night or two here! Shame the weather wasnt better as the pub has an excellent beer garden. Food fantastic, the best ham (gammon) and eggs I have ever tasted. Staff really friendly and helpful, I cant praise this pub enough and cant wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment, even if you only intend to eat out the Sunday night was extremel...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in East Witton
Braithwaite Hall
Braithwaite Hall
#1 of 3 in East Witton

Been to Cover Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!