“Lovely dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Stirling
“Lovely dinner”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Lovely food, reasonably priced, extensive menu! We ate in the pub which despite being very busy, had a great feel to it. Wish I'd had room for pudding!

Visited April 2013

Auchterarder, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable afternoon tea”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Four of us popped in for a light snack one mid-afternoon. We had scones, brownies and Earl Grey tea. very enjoyable, and made very welcome.

We could not help noticing that a couple of the locals at the bar with pints of beer. The froth was sticking to the glass ALL THE WAY to the bottom - the sign of an excellent pint!
It was with regret that I was driving, or a pint (or more) of Timothy Taylors would have been tried.

• Visited April 2013
“Easter Sunday Snack”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited Middleham on Easter Sunday, and from the moment we walked in the atmosphere was welcoming. I ordered a Yorkshire Burger with Wensleydale Cheese, fries, coleslaw and salad, with my wife choosing Fish Cakes with sweet chilli sauce. The Black Sheep pint I also ordered was very well kept and went down a treat. The food arrived freshly cooked and hot (even if Middleham is a huge Horse Racing area, no nag meat here!!) with my burger looking very homemade. The taste of both dishes was delicious. This may have only been a brief visit but I for one would come back

• Visited March 2013
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Tasty and filling”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I don't recognise the other recent comments made about this place. Maybe we were lucky. We walked in on a cold March evening and were made welcome. The staff were inexperienced but keen and helpful. The food was good, and hot. The beer seemed well-kept. All in all, a good experience.

• Visited March 2013
Yorkshire
“The worst restaurant I have ever experienced !!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am 43 years old and can honestly say that this was the worst dining experience I have ever had. We were a party of 16 people, we had called in earlier in the day to reserve a table. On arrival the staff were miserable and not welcoming at all. We had to ask for bread, which, when it arrived was the pre baked, cook in the oven variety, which was burnt black on top. No side plates were offered, so we had to butter the bread on our napkins. The food was brought and I had to complain about the severe lack of beef on the plates. One dish of vegetables came after such a long wait that Some people had started to eat as they felt maybe we weren't getting any. We had to ask for more vegetables that took so long to arrive most of us had eaten and one guest laughed and asked if these were our pudding. Had we been on our own I would have refused to pay for such a dreadful meal, however, when you are within a group it is harder. I feel that the good review for this restaurant is possibly misplaced and meant for the other restaurant in the village that is also has a swan in its name. I am amazed that this restaurant is still trading.

• Visited February 2013