“Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours”

The Forbidden Corner
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Middleham
West Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited The Forbidden Corner on a sunny bank holiday Monday, so it was rather busy, as we expected! We weren't too sure what to expect, but had heard good things so we thought we would give it a try. There were a lot of narrow passages, so with it being busy, some were a even more of a challenge to pass through! Although it was pleasant enough and a nice change from going to the coast, I feel as two adults without children it wasn't worth the £11 each. I would say going with children from about 4 it would be very enjoyable, I reckon my 3 year old nephew would have been frightened in some of the areas!

Overall we spent a nice couple of hours wandering around, but wouldn't be in a rush to go back!

1 Thank HannahD89

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day out no matter your age”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Whether you are a group of adults, a mixture of kids and adults or just you and your other half this place is further visiting. This was my 3rd visit as a Birthday surprise for his 9th birthday and as soon as he got home he was planning his next visit he enojyed it that much! I have been previously with a group and again just with my partner and every time it was a great day out. The weather was rather cold but luckily the rain held off but I would still say if it had rained it wouldn't have effected the day. Lots of surprises and quirky features throughout the day which in some places did scare my brother slightly but overall he had a fantastic day!

We finished the day off in the cafe (food reasonably priced) and wasn't disappointed. We all enjoyed our paninis!

There is also a gift shop where my brother treat himself to a gift to remind him of the day. Sometimes gift shops can be pricey but here things were reasonably priced.

Will no doubt be visiting again in the future and spreading the word on what a great, cheap day out it is!!

Visited April 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A fun way to spend two or three hours”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not sure if I would travel more than an hour to get there given the length of time spent there but we were staying in the area for a couple of days so it was definitely worth the visit. A fascinating muddle of paths, tunnels and surprises await you in these lovely gardens. Great for adults and kids and would definitelt recommend to friends. Nice cafe and gift shop which were reasonably priced.

Leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A unique day out!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been meaning to go to the forbidden corner for a few years now and never got around to it. This unique attraction provides great entertainment for kids and adults too. There is plenty of interesting (and bizarre) things to see here and the water spraying out at every opportunity provides good laughs all round. Considering how wet you can potentially get, I would recommend going on a hot sunny day. Will definitely be visiting again.

Visited April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“something different”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It has been about 8 years since I last came to Forbidden corner and it hasnt changed that much (maybe a few extra water surprises) but it really has stood the test of time. Everything is very well maintained and looks great and the kids really enjoy it.
Whats great is that it really feels natural..theres no plastic or fibreglass displays (that I could see) more to do with "organic" fun. Lots of surprises and different (if not odd) things to discover.
Expect to get a little wet but also be enchanted by the magical corners and tunnels.
We took our 3 year old,who loved it but was also at some stages was a little scared..might have been better if we had gone with other children she knew as there semed to be plenty of kids running about getting wet and being surprised.
You do have to prebook a time slot,so dont go without and you cant take a buggy in.
In addition the cafe is great and not too badly priced and there is a good picnic area.
A great 2-3hours of magical entertainment.

1 Thank PCuk67