“Dont do it rubbish disgustin.”
Review of Helal Tandoori

Helal Tandoori
Ranked #17 of 105 Restaurants in Louth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Beware all that enter here,
You will be ripped off ,the food is swimming in grease and completly inedible.

3  Thank hume48

Reviewed June 25, 2011

On moving to the area I am trying to work my way through a few eating places. This is a great Indian, good Staff, fantastic food, most unusual dishes, tried a couple had never had anywhere before and they were great, will be making this a regular on my list.

1  Thank TinaMDoningtononBain
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Great atmosphere in a dark booth lined room. Extensive menu at cheap prices.. Last time I went was a Wednesday and they had a banquet night. I had a starter, main course, rice, side dish, sundry/bread and a coffee for £10. Service was excellent and I will definately go again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

We started coming back when we heard they changed the chef! So glad we did been regular visitors ever since. Best king prawn madras I have had in uk. My husband has tried many dishes, but having tried mine he now is a convert. Nicely decorated, pleasant helpful staff.

1  Thank LMWITHEY
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My partner and I went to Helal for the first (and last) time on a Thursday night. As we arrived, there were a few tables in, and the atmosphere seemed ok. Upon ordering our food, my partner discussed with the waiter that I have a serious peanut allergy and questioned what oils are used for cooking and asked for guidance on the dishes that I wanted to order in case any included peanuts, cashew nuts or almonds. The waiter confidently assured us that no nuts are used in their kitchen and that what I wanted to order would be 100% nut free. We enjoyed bhaji and poppudums to start with, and following this, our dishes arrived. They looked good, very well presented. I started with my chicken dish. After two forkfuls, I knew that it had either been cooked in nut oil or that it in fact contained nuts. My partner quickly let a waiter know how I was feeling- quite panicky and needing some water, and he again insisted that nothing with nuts had been involved in the cooking of my meal. After having suffered with a nut allergy for 32 years, I know as soon as I've been in contact with nuts so I'm absolutely confident that the restaurant wan NOT being honest with me.
We promptly left so I could get an adrenalin shot at the local A&E, but realised we'd left my phone in the panic of leaving and trying to get a taxi.. My partners father went in later on to collect my phone as I was laid in hospital. The staff at Helal quickly brought to his attention that we had left without paying!!!! I couldn't believe that payment was all they could think about. I shall never return to such a rude place.

5  Thank PrincessM6