All reviews tennyson suite executive room christmas party night porter from start to finish jacuzzi bath afternoon tea for sunday lunch main course great night lovely hotel an evening meal waiting staff high standard couldn't do enough beef food was lovely
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed. My daughter and family took me for sunday lunch. On arrival we were told that there was no beef or lamb. Chicken only. We ordered drinks which took 20 mins to arrive. After another ten were told that beef now available. Immaculate conception I ask. We ordered 3 beef and 2 chicken. What arrived was not a Sunday carvery. A roasted sirloin steak and chicken breast. The restaurant was run by inexperienced 18 year olds. No senior member of staff. Very disappointed. Would not recommend.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Andrew S, Managing Director at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you for the review of your recent Sunday Lunch, I would like to discuss this experience with you if you could send a suitable contact number to andrew@oakridgehotels.co.uk I will call you back at my earliest opportunity.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

It’s a 5* for the afternoon tea and general service but sadly it’s a 1* for serving customers with allergies on this visit.
A lovely afternoon tea but left a sour taste in my mouth due to the service received regarding the nut allergy.
I had booked in advance an afternoon tea for 12 ladies for a bride to be party, i informed them when booking that my friend has a severe nut allergy (not an intolerance, an anaphylaxis reaction to any contamination with nuts) I was assured on the phone this was not an issue. I reminded them again when I paid in full 3 days before, that this was a severe allergy and we have had issues in the past with places not taking it seriously. Again I was assured they were well equipped and aware how to prepare food for someone with a nut allergy.
I reminded them again when we arrived and was again assured all was in hand.
The lovely looking afternoon tea came out with servings for 3 people per cake stand. We asked as the waitress put it on the table...”is this the nut free one?” And she vaguely replied “yes all nut free” she did not fill us with confidence and she span on her heels so fast we couldn’t point out that there were macaroons on the plate! So when the next waitress appeared we asked her and again, she assured us “no it’s all totally nut free” we asked that she double check as macaroons are normally made from ground almonds! She went to check, came back swiftly and removed the cake stand and brought my friend a different one and apologised as yes the food was containing nuts.
Not only that, the macaroons had touched other items so may have contaminated other cakes and pastries.
My friend by this time was feeling embarrassed as she always feels she’s making a fuss, even though she carries an epi pen, she would require an ambulance should she ingest nut products! I don’t think this is making a fuss at all... but She felt abit unsure about the rest of her meal after this, so just ate the sandwiches And gave the cakes to someone else. I wanted to speak to the management there and then but she was too embarrassed.
Perhaps the staff could have some training with regards to the serious nature of allergies, it’s not a like a gluten intolerance where my friend may get a belly ache... she could actually die, from cardiac arrest flowing anaphylactic shock, leaving someone in that kitchen liable.
The whole afternoon was lovely I will add, but it’s really a shame about all that with the nuts. It has annoyed me as so many places do not take it seriously.
The waitress staff and kitchen staff need to be able to confidently assure their customers that they have taken the appropriate measures, and as we are quite used to this we always check, check and double check as too many times she’s been told it’s fine and then been rushed off in a 999 ambulance! This could have so easily gone very wrong if we had not been vigilant and checked, checked and triple checked!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank mrs_denman1705
Andrew S, Managing Director at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for the review of your recent afternoon tea, I am very pleased that we have managed to contact you and re assure you that we do take allergies very seriously, and that you were satisfied with our actions. Just to reassure you further all the staff have received the relevant training regarding allergies, and we do hold allergen advice sheets for each of our menus.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Over the last twenty odd years it has become our habit to make one of our first calls during our annual holiday to 'The Brack' for their excellent fish and chips.
The place is so reliable! I know the staff and clientele must have changed over the years but it doesn't seem that way. All is comfort, nothing is a hassle and great fish and chips.

Room Tip: Only use the restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Andrew S, Managing Director at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

A great many thank for your great review and your continued support over the years

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Overnight stay for family wedding. Beautiful surroundings but inside dark & dreary,lots of wood work which is chipped., dated carpet with stains. Roomy bedroom but again gloomy with random picture on the wall. Needs magnolia to uplift. The bathroom ,well,fabulous whirlpool bath but dreadful chips & red paint marks which wasn't appealing & dingy shower curtain. Filled in questionnaire & spoke to receptionist regarding overpriced at £130 but have had no response. Breakfast was good though. This hotel has great potential but please don't rip off customers on the back of wedding guests.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank labrador-fan-lincs
Andrew S, Managing Director at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Many thanks for your review, we are undergoing a comprehensive refurbishment project which includes this room, we are replacing carpets and furniture as well as decorating.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about these issues, if you are agreeable please call 01507 609169 and ask for Andrew, alternatively if you forward a suitable contact number to andrew@oakridgehotels.co.uk and I will contact you.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We came across this place by accident, called in to see if they had a vacancy and booked a double room. When I mentioned my partner was disabled they upgraded us to a ground floor room at no extra; they gave us the Bridle Suite which had a massive king sized four posted bed, and it was really peaceful there. The evening meal and breakfast, which were included in the price (£115.00), were excellent, and they had air conditioning. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Andrew S, Managing Director at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Very many thanks for the great review

Best wishes