“wedding reception stay”

Brackenborough Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Reviewed June 22, 2014

travelled up the day before the wedding of a relative and stayed overnight. beautiful hotel,good food, friendly and helpful staff. Ideal venue for a wedding reception. the meal on the friday night was perfect. The menu varied with complimentary extras. Very good.
the waiting staff were good in the main. I felt a little training on how to handle drinks glasses and cups could be more hygienically improved! apart from this we had a very good stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
MsLPike, Public Relations Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi Alicia

Many thanks for your detailed review of our hotel; I'm delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Many thanks for raising the issue re: the glasses/crockery - this has been passed to our Food & Beverage Manager so that we can revisit our front-of-house training to maintain the high standards that we expect from all of our staff.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

It Was The First Time I Have Been Here. The Meal Was Excellent. Ryan And All The Staff Was Friendly That Is What I Call A Service With A Smile. I Would Recommend Brackenborough To All My Friends. We Have Already Decided To Come Back Next Month Mary's Birthday.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
MsLPike, Guest Relations Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

I am thrilled to hear that your first visit to us was a great one; this is as much as we can hope for when anyone chooses to visit our establishment. Thank you so much for your review - I will be passing on your kind comments to Ryan and the rest of the team, and I hope your next visit to us is just as good...if not better!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Have been for a meal this evening for a 21st birthday. The food was excellent and our waiter Ryan was lovely. We have been a few times now and haven't had a bad meal once. They also treated us to a free desert for the birthday boy which was a nice touch.Very much recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Elli

Many thanks for your review. I'm glad you and your party enjoyed the birthday meal - we always try to go the extra mile where possible! I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Ryan and the rest of the team, and hope you all choose to dine with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I have had recently a number of different business visits to the hotel with several different organisations.
On each occasion I have been extremely impressed with every thing the hotel has to offer, friendly professional staff, a classy and business friendly layout and just superb service. I would highly recommend the hotel. I am looking forward very much to visiting the restaurant soon with friends.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
MsLPike, Guest Relations Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hi James B

Many thanks for taking time out to write a review of the hotel - all feedback is relayed back to the team too. I'm delighted you've found us to be of a consistently high standard across the board, and hopefully you will find the same when you visit us again!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife & I stayed here for two nights to celebrate our 10th anniversary.Our room was lovely and the food was very good indeed.The service however is very slow! Plenty of staff but none of them seem to know what they are doing.Breakfast on our final morning was shocking!I have to assume it wasn't the same chef who cooked the lovely dinners we ate?My wife had an omlette which arrived almost black and it was like cutting cardboard! Three times we had to ask for toast and waited half an hour for it to arrive.Finally my Kedgeree was supposed to be topped with a poached egg.When it turned up it looked like it had been in the pan for the same time it takes for the toast to arrive.I sent it back and the replacement arrived with no yolk and looked like it was still made of rubber!Real shame as the food at night was very good.They do need to get their act together on the service though.Would we go back, probably not.

Hi Meeks07

Firstly, thank you for the time taken to write a detailed review - all feedback is appreciated so that we can move forward. However, I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience as far as certain elements were concerned. I would be more than happy to discuss your stay in more detail with you, if you could be so kind as to give me a call on 01507 609169.

Kindest regards

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Recently had food at this charming country retreat, cannot praise the food enough and the service that Jamie and Kelly provided was delightful.
Would recommend to all to certainly try you will not be disappointed and you most certainly will go again!!
Hotel has very nice rooms with all facilities.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet as this hotel is off the main road by some way
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Martyn

Many thanks for the glowing recommendation! I will be sure to pass on your comments to both Kelly, Jamie and the rest of our hard working team, as feedback is always appreciated. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting family in the area. The main attraction was the price, as we booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast package. We were hoping for a luxurious stay but, whilst the hotel has some very good features like the location and free wifi, it is let down by extremely slow service in the restaurants (2 hours for a 2 course dinner?) and some slightly dated and tacky decoration (glittery statues and silver spray painted thrones?).

The staff were very pleasant, but service was the main issue. They were busy the first night, but despite the second night being quieter service was still as slower, if not slower. This is a shame because the food was actually very good; it just takes an age to be ordered and to arrive and after a long days driving you just want things like getting an evening meal to be straightforward and uncomplicated. On balance, because of this, I don't think we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hi Foolsgold_71

Firstly, thank you for your honest appraisal of the hotel - all feedback is taken onboard constructively, in order for the team to improve. Whilst the decor is a very subjective matter, of course the standards of service you felt you received are another issue entirely. If you could call me at the hotel on 01507 609169 I would be more than happy to discuss the issues encountered with you in more detail; we always strive to ensure an exceptionally high level of customer satisfaction, which it would appear we didn't do on this occasion.

Kindest regards

Customer Care Liaison

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
Best Western Plus Kenwick Park Hotel
8 mi away
Hall Farm Hotel and Restaurant
Hall Farm Hotel and Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Ashby cum Fenby

Been to Brackenborough Hotel? Share your experiences!