“Great Food”

Brackenborough Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Louth
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I did not sleep here but I had attended a birthday meal here so I decided that I must write a review about the delicious food. The party host had chose a set menu meaning that we did not have a meal choice. The starter was mushroom soup which was very nice. The main course was pork which was mouthwatering and the desert was lemon Mar-rang which was also nice. The chocolate fountain available for hire is great. Lots of delicious dips.

We will defiantly return!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lewis H
saints42york, General Manager at Brackenborough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for your excellent feedback following your recent meal at the Brackenborough Hotel, your comments are very valuble to the team here, we look forward to seeing you return to the Brack in the near future,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently got married at the Brackenborough 29/09/12.
I can’t thank this hotel enough, for making our wedding such a special day, everything was completely fantastic. The staff, were always helpful and could not do enough for you. The food was amazing-with many comments from our guests as to the high quality of it. The rooms were very clean, well presented and spacious. The gardens are lovely and just the general feel of the hotel is great.

We were a bit concerned that because we were only having a small amount of people at the wedding and it was a low scale affair that we could have been treated differently to those who were in a larger party. We really shouldn’t of because we were treated fantastically throughout the entire stay! If you are considering a wedding/ function at the Brackenborough you won’t be disappointed!

A big thanks to Adele (on reception) who was so helpful and cheerful. Thanks to Geoff for all the jokes and keeping people happy on the day. Thanks to Nick for replying to the countless questions beforehand and for the smooth running of the whole experience from start to finish.

Great big thanks to everyone else that had a hand in on the day, and thank you for making it so special for us

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lauren186336

Hello Lauren, I am delighted that we delivered above and beyond your expectations and I must take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind comments, no matter how large or small a Wedding that takes place at the Brackenborough all Brides and Grooms will experience the same professional attitude,and we will always endeavour to deliver the highest standard of food and service in Lincolnshire, your comments have been passed onto all staff that contributed to your day who are all very appreciative.

Please accept my best wishes for the future and I hope to see you back at the Hotel soon,

Nick KIlmartin,

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on business, so arrived late and checked out early.

The beds are so comfy and the duvet was also amazing I had to look to see where it was from so I could get one! Best nights sleep ever.

Rooms spacious and clean and nice bathrooms with powerful shower which is a must for me!

Great stay will be back

Wes

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your review and feedback Wes, we look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed October 16, 2012

When we presented ourselves at reception to check-in I got the feeling I was dealing with a member of staff from British Airways - no smile, no warmth, nothing. Yet when I expressed concern that the room was a twin and we wanted a double, the lady's manner couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant. When she couldn't find a vacant double room she promptly upgraded us. The room was excellent; good size, well furnished and decorated, lovely comfy bed - no complaints whatsoever. We dined in the hotel's restaurant and discovered a good menu, great service and the food was excellent. Yes, we'd stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, your initial experience at reception did concern me a little as we certainly do not want to be thought of as unwelcoming, quite the opposite and I am confident that this was an isolated glitch and not intentional, having said that it appears that we redeemed ourselves and you were dealt with in a professional and efficient manner from there on.

Your comments regarding the rest of your experience at the Brackenborough are most pleasing and for this I thank you sincerely from the staff and myself, I hope to welcome you back to the Brackenborough in the future,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Bedroom was spacious, also the bathroom (with jacuzzi bath and over-head shower). Bed very comfortable and lovely large pillows.

I wanted an early meal so chose from the bar menu. It was not very different from the later restaurant menu and the choice on both was excellent. The food was beautifully cooked and presented, and was delicious. Breakfast was done absolutely to my liking.

All the staff were courteous and helpful

The quiet location of this hotel meant a really good night's sleep and everywhere was so very clean. I will definitely be back, if I'm in the area again, and I would recommend this hotel. It deserves far more than three stars!

Room Tip: I had an 'exclusive' room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I am delighted that we delivered your expectations at the Brackenborough Hotel as we always do take pride in the standards and service that we offer at the Hotel, I would like to thank you from the staff and myself and look forward to you returning to the Brackenborough.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently held our wedding here at the Brackenborough and what an amazing choice of venue we made. Everything was perfect, the organisation from the staff especially Nick the manager and Jeffry was fantastic, Everyone complimented on the rooms and how lovely they were. We were numerously told on the day how impressive the meal was and it was lovely. We had the honeymoon suite for 2 nights and that was a beautiful room with a big 4 poster bed and a tv in the bathroom which is a nice added extra. Nothing was too much trouble and everything went to plan. We will definitely return to the Brackenborough to stay or go for an evening meal and if anyone is thinking of holding there wedding at the Brackenborough then rest assured it will be an amazing day!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Adam & Maegan, Thank you for your kind words and I must say that it was an absolute pleasure to be involved in the planning of your Wedding from the initial day that we met until the actual day itself, your comments have been forwarded to all concerned, as you are aware the staff do work very hard involving long hours so your comments are more than appreciated, may I take this opportunity to once again wish you both the very best wishes for the future, and hope to see you soon,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just stayed for the one night. All of the staff were welcoming, very friendly and really made our short stay a pleasure. Our room was excellent (upgraded to the bridal suite - thank you). The breakfast was also first class. Overall, this was just what we needed to relax in the middle of a busy few days. We would definitely use this hotel again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and your overall experience of the Brackenborough hotel, we look forward to you visiting the Hotel again,

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louth
Best Western Plus Kenwick Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Healing
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa

Been to Brackenborough Hotel? Share your experiences!