Beaumont Hotel
PremierInn.com
$64
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewstown centrecadwell parkvery pleasant staysingle rooma large car parknice breakfastcooked breakfastcomfortable bedrecommend this hoteltea coffee facilitiesbreakfast roomwould stay againwonderful hotelwell run hoteltennyson suitehotel ownerstayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed for a 3rd time at the Beaumont (late August -ish) just a short time after writing my first review and the best thing about the place - The Terrace Restaurant - had changed dramatically, for the worse I'm afraid. The chef and head waitress had left and with them went the good service and good food. After sitting down at a table and waiting 20 mins for someone to appear, we asked a member of staff who was passing through the restaurant if we could at least order a drink. Someone did come and take our drinks order but then seemed to forget about it and the drinks only arrived after I asked them (10 mins later) if they were bringing them. The service didn't get any better. The food was awful; the flavour had been boiled out of the vegetables and the fish was overcooked and dry. The rest of the hotel remained unchanged - the room was dated but in that sense you get what you pay for. Unfortunately we also got a room which was next to or above some kind of fan. We were told on checking in that it would go off at 10pm which we were prepared to live with but had little choice as it was the only available room. It didn't go off till about 11pm but then came off and on during the night, waking my wife up each time. Not good and as a result of that and the changes in the restaurant we will not return. Try the Brackenborough Hotel (we did) - well worth paying that bit extra.

Room Tip: Don't accept the room on the beasis that the noise from the fan will stop. It won't.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tenaus
Beaumont_11, Manager at Beaumont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion the Terrace Restaurant failed to meet with your memories and expectations. I can only apologise if you did not get the usual attentive service from front of house that is our norm. The Chef who cooked for you on your previous visit had left and we had promoted his Sous Chef to take over in the kitchen; this proved to be beyond their capabilities and they are no longer with us and in fact the Terrace has now reverted back to it’s original Chef who has been cooking here for four years and has good reviews.
With regard to the fan noise, the fan in question was turned off in a timely fashion but unfortunately due to the very hot weather we had here in August the auxiliary fan for the walk-in fridge must have come into action periodically throughout the night, not a usually a problem here in Louth!
Once again I can only apologise for not meeting your expectations but hope that you give us the chance to redeem ourselves at some date in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Mine was a last minute booking, as the hotel i usually use was full.i was very impressed with the welcome and looked forward to staying there.when i reached my room i found it very clean but basic, i felt i had stepped back in time, a portable small flat screen TV, couldn't get WI-FI in the room, the bar and lounge was excellent and extremely friendly felt very much at home watching TV with a lovely glass of chilled wine.i used to live in Louth and know the area very well, i lived here for 25 many years, i now live in Spain and visit my family as often as i can. would i use this hotel again?... yes i would...

Room Tip: have a look at the room first!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Booked in the morning and arrived in the evening, business drags people everywere.
My room was on the front of the hotel and was so very comfortable and warm, I walked into the town and visited the two oldest pubs, great. Louth town centre has not been fiddled with and still stays traditional.
I will take a short break with my wife and stay in the hotel spending more time in the town.
Don,t normally sleep very well in hotels but on this occasion had a sound nights sleep ( not due to the visit to the pubs ) in comfortable bed.

Room Tip: All rooms will be good
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in June 2012. The review is written late so that we could compare with other hotels and guest houses that we stayed at this year. As it is we consider we have been very fortunate in all our choices.
Louth has a beautiful old town centre and is well placed for exploring the beauty of the Lincolnshire Wolds. The centre has largely unspoilt buildings dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries. There are very few national chains stores represented here. Instead there is one of the most interesting collections of independent retailers to be found in England these days. Jill and I buy whatever traditional Lincolnshire produce we can carry from local butchers when we visit, and I understand the cheese shop has earned national recognition. There is an interesting history to be explored about the town and the local museum makes a good starting point.
Jill and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is a ten minute walk from the town centre, with plenty of on-site parking. The best way I can describe it is as having most of the facilities you would expect of a much larger hotel together with the personal warmth of service of the best of guest houses. Jill and I thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts and evening meal there. The room had ample space, with all the facilities we would expect, and although not the most modern we have stayed in, was comfortable, attractive, and very well cleaned and maintained. There is an integral restaurant, bar and lounge which is open to the public, providing a very comfortable and pleasant alternative to staying in your room. The staff were as friendly and helpful as you could hope, while still retaining a professional attitude to the service they provided.
This was the first time we had stayed here, but it definitely won’t be the last.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were given a very friendly welcome. Our room, the Abbey Suite, was spacious and spotlessly clean with a large flat-screen television and a setee to watch it from. Even though the weather was cold, the heating kept the room comfortably warm and the lighting was good enough to read by - this is not always the case in some establishments!
A very comfortable bed and a complete absence of noise ensured a really good night's sleep. Breakfast was great - nice bright room, lots of choice and as much as you would like. I had the Full English and it was delicious.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Beaumont and will be returning soon to see the seals at nearby Donna Nook.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple