“Best hotel in area by a long shot. Made to feel very welcome.”

The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Boston
Wickford
“Best hotel in area by a long shot. Made to feel very welcome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

Have stayed in the White Hart hotel on many occasions and every time has been spot on. Great staff who are very helpful and friendly. Location is perfect and although very close to town and facilities it's still very quiet when back in the hotel / room. Food is of a very high quality and competitively priced. The hotel bar is very plush and the beer is never warm! Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and colleagues who stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
bridgwater
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

We got married in Boston at the end of May and had our reception at the White Hart Hotel. Apart from the rain the day could not have been more perfect. We were incedibly impressed with the attentive service from all the staff and the attention to detail, and the food was of very high quality. Room hire and cost of food was very good value. The feedback we have had from all our guests, most of whom stayed the night in the hotel, has been very positive.

The rooms are clean and full of character. Due to its town centre location, I could hear some street noise from the room I stayed in the night before the wedding, however I did sleep very well, and they do provide ear plugs if needed (though I didn't need them).

The bridal suite we had on our wedding night was really beautiful with a large roll-top bath at the foot of the bed. We liked the way they decorated the bed with rose petals. The breakfasts in the morning were cooked to order and very good.

All in all both our wedding and our stay at the hotel were fantastic, and I would certainly recommend it if needing accommodation in Boston.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

Having stayed in several hotels in the area on business this far exceeds all others by a country mile.
You are made to feel welcome from the moment you walk in the door.
The rooms are clean bright and airy and the ensuites are to a high standard as an extra touch complimentary shortbread and water not you're usual custard creams or bourbon biscuits are available in you're room.
Food is of the highest standard whether you are eating in the resteraunt or just want a bar snack.
Try the full English in the morning !!!!
I would recommend to anyone staying in the area as far as i'm concerned it can't be beaten
I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to stay in the area

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

Trip advisor let me down. I don't understand how anyone can write a review of this hotel and say it is anything but awful. It is expensive, noisy and filthy. You would be better off staying elsewhere. Loud music from a live band into late in the night, a dirty room and for £95 it was a total rip off. Awful and disgusting. It needs to be fumigated and refurbished.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

Look at their website- they have lovely photos and for £95 per night for a provincial hotel, you expect a certain standard. THIS IS NOT REALITY. We checked in and after a long walk up and up lugging our bags along hideous never ending airless brown carpet stained corridors we found our room. On opening the door, we squeezed into a pit of (more brown) velour and tatty office type furniture that looks like it has been salvaged from a skip. The window was filthy with a film of dirt and streaks of bird excrement. I tried to open the window but saw the latch had fallen off onto the chipped window sill. On opening the window and gasping for air after our corridor marathon, we cast our eyes across a canal of glistening (brown) sludge (do I smell eggs?) to see a pub yard providing a view to our room. On turning on the shower it provided a dribble of water, drying myself was also a challenge with a towel the size of a napkin. Perhaps a cup of tea from the mini kettle? Perhaps not, the cups were oily and marked. Yuck. On the stained side board sat two pairs of complimentary earplugs from the management. With light fading we looked for the light switch- ah! there it is! In a narrow gap down the side of the cupboard. We went out and returned to the hotel to find a live band with a loud speaker system which must be the envy of Wembley. Hey ho, weave through the crowds, step over the booze, wait and squeeze past people blocking the entrance. The noise from the band was SO loud in our bedroom, I videoed it from the room- unbelievable! Have a look! Anyway after a few hours lying on a wafer thin foam pillow in a bed that was like lieing on a bouncy castle filled with rocks. We left as soon as we could, we packed our bags and left that hole. I rekon those other reviews saying it is a great hotel were written by the owners. This place is a hole and a brown one at that. Shame on you White Hart of Boston.

4 Thank Bertie35
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Due to some work in the local area I needed somewhere to stay 3 nights a week for several months. I booked into the White Hart for one week and decided it was definitely where I wanted to be for the duration of my stay.
The hotel has an extremely homely feel to it, all the rooms are very comfortable and of lovely decor.
The staff are all fantastic. Service is first class, right through from reception to the bar and the restaurant. Whatever I needed they were able to help and they would always go out of their way to ensure I had a good stay.
The menu in the restaurant is vast with amazing choice and despite staying for over three months I was still not bored of it. Every meal I ordered was extremely tasty.
This hotel definitely offers value for money. Whether you are a business customer looking for 'home from home' in the week, or away with family and friends for a few days it is worth a visit.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely return.

Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just had a weekend at this hotel with my other half as we were at a wedding nearby.....what a fabulous place and neither of us could fault anything. Service, staff and the management were excellent. Restaurant was superb. Well done the White Hart and see you all soon!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Premier Inn Boston Hotel
Petwood Hotel
Petwood Hotel
#2 of 4 in Woodhall Spa
The Admiral Rodney Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House

Been to The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House? Share your experiences!