1,119 results
All reviews one way system executive room feature room no lift courtyard bar old building boston stump centre of town overlooking the river car park market place lovely hotel evening meal main course saturday night enjoyable stay wedding reception
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We booked a superior double room and were presented with a room that was so small, we had to continuously 'give way' to one another. There was no view of the town as stated - the small right hand window overlooked the back/side of the hotel and out of the other small window - a view of the back of Boston but the whole view was obscured by air vents or whatever, that emitted a fog like substance into the air - rather like being amongst the clouds. I went to reception to see of there was an other room and told that there was just one more superior room available. This room was actually far worse than the one we had been allocated - it absolutely stank - of what, I can't even begin to describe - the decor was disgusting - the sofa had to date pre 1950 and the 'bug attracting' material that formed the padding on the headboard was just disgusting - 2 obvious black marks from years of wear. The manager could not have cared less - he claimed to have spoken to someone off site and gave us an email address to make our complaint. We were told that our room was one of the best - because - get this - it had just had a relatively new bathroom installed. He was not prepared to do anything at all and we stated that the least they cold do was apologise for misleading people with the fancy rhetoric and professionally 'staged' photos. We asked that they at least refund us the difference between the bog standard double (which our's was no better than) and the superior. Even a drink from the bar would have gone some towards resolution. Nothing was offered, no attempt to resolve this - so, beware - if you are not happy with a depressing, dated room with a relatively new bathroom - with a hot water bath tap which is actually a health and safety issue because it gets so hot that you can't turn it off without a towel - just forget it.

Because the Manager and whomever he referred to, were unwilling to do anything at all to resolve this - I would never stay at this hotel again. It is old, dated, needs a complete refurbishment but all of that pales into insignificance given the attitude of the management

Room Tip: Haven't a clue - pot luck what you pay for and what you ultimately get
Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
White Hart B, General Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for leaving a review. If you would like to discuss your stay further then please do contact me using the email address provided during your stay. All of our rooms are unique and the room you stayed in was refurbished around 3 years ago. We have not received any other comment on this and I can assure you the furnishings were all new and are maintained by our team. I will take your feedback on board. Unfortunetly we could not move you to a different room as we were fully booked on that particular evening. I’m disappointed to see you have chosen not to mention the efforts made by my Duty Manager on the evening of your stay. As such I apologise it was not what you had expected from your stay but do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Kind regards
Dom - General Manager

Reviewed October 9, 2018

The directions to the car park were very poor. I was told the sat nav code would take me directly to it but they finished in the middle of the road and i had to drive around three times and only found the car park by guessing. Marred the start of our stay.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
White Hart B, Front Office Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit. I am sorry that the postcode did not take you to the carpark, we rarely ever have this problem so I do apologize. I hope the rest of our stay was good.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

Everything was ideal - got upraded to a superb room at no xtra charge - all small details thoughtfully attended to (toiltries in bathroom, refreshment in bedroom. bottled water, chocolate) Huge comfortable bed and very much appreciete the private car park in the middle of a busy town

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
White Hart B, Front Office Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Thank you for the feedback from your recent visit. I am pleased to hear you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the free upgrade and had a comfortable room!! It would be great to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Staff are very nice, had dinner in the bar which was great. It’s one of the nicest bars In Boston so it gets a bit busy at night but don’t be put off its friendly, clean and the beer was nice. I didn’t stay there as it was fully booked, however I saw the Christmas get away deals which looked very good and was not expensive. Nice place to go.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for the feedback from your recent visit. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed dining with us and that the staff provided great customer service! It would be lovely to welcome you back again in the future, maybe on a Christmas deal!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Nothing really wrong with most of the hotel with the exception of the plumbing which was so noisy we had trouble sleeping. Otherwise, the room was clean and tidy and the staff accommodating and friendly. Oh, double glazing would be an idea as well for the rooms facing the roads.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
White Hart B, Front Office Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit. I am sorry to hear there was a couple of things which let your stay down. I will definitely look into the plumbing as this should not be the case, and it hasn't been mentioned by anyone else but will look into it! I am pleased to hear however that you had a nice comfortable room and the staff provided excellent customer service. I do hope you come and stay with us again in the future if you are in the area!