The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House
Supreme Inns(Boston)
$70
$65
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$70
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
    1,017 results
    All reviewsone way systemexecutive roomriverside restaurantold buildingfeature roomcourtyard barno liftcentre of towncar parkboston stumpoverlooking the riverlovely hotelmarket placecentral locationevening mealmain courseenjoyable stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here for one night. There aren't many hotels in this town. Paid £95 for one person in a double room. The room looked very dated - repeatedly overpainted wallpaper, cheap furniture. The wire to the kettle did not reach any of the plugs so I had to hold it in the air to boil it. The shower did not work unless you held the spray it at knee level.

On the plus side the bed was very comfortable. Because of the condition of the room, I decided not to chance breakfast, though I notice it had a 5* food hygiene rating.

If it had been £39 then it would probably have been alright, but I will stay at the nearby premier inn next time - less money and better condition.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
    BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at The White Hart Hotel, Eatery & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the hotel. With this being an historic (300+ years) building within the town centre we do have a few odd quirks like the water pressure reaching the top floor so we try to ease the strain by advertising this in the bedrooms to assist our guests, with regards the shower, you only need to hang the hose down until the water comes through then its good for normal use (this allows for any air blocks to be released). I have looked at the kettle & this was put in as an emergency one that day as the previous one had stopped working, this has now been replaced with a longer corded one. If you do come across issues in the future, please inform a member of the team who will be only too willing to assist.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Loved the building very old very quirky,my room was small but comfortable. Handy for town and railway station. Didn't eat breakfast but did eat dinner. Fishcakes to start followed by duck with rice and noodles was very good. Staff were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you, this is a lovely grand building, steeped in history & stands prominently on the river. We are very proud the Best Western White Hart Hotel is part of many interesting buildings within the town. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The White Hart Hotel is a lovely, welcoming hotel. The building has lots of period charm and is very clean and well furnished. Our room was very clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent too. Plenty of variety to suit most tastes. The full English breakfast was nicely cooked. Overall a very pleasant stay. Staff were welcoming and very polite.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review of our very historic building which stands very prominently within the town centre. The breakfast offering has recently changed so I am pleased to hear that you thought that there was plenty of variety, we have tried to accommodate all tastes. The kind words about our staff have been passed onto them, so thank you.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have travelled the world and stayed in hotels in Japan, Hong Kong, Europe, America and Canada, but The White Hart Best Western in Boston, Lincs, topped them all. They have managed to do what no other hotel has ever managed: they made me feel like I was in my own home. The comfortable, warm atmosphere, partnered with the outstanding staff made the stay a truly pleasurable experience. They went to such great lengths to make the stay perfect and they did exactly that!!! We travelled from London to Boston by car which took longer than I expected, so when we arrived extremly late, they even got out our meal cooking whilst we unpacked, tremendous meals to be had also in this wonderful establishment. The hotel is clean, and the rooms are wonderful, the bathroom was a pleasure to be in, the bedding was so soft, warm and comfortable also as were the beds. The dining area is lovely, the lighting was just right for our evening meal, beautifully presented meals which tasted marvelous, I am a very fussy eater and so hard to please, so for me to sat this is quite a rarity! The breakfast was fabulous also, 10 out of 10 for everything!!!! There is car parking available too. There is friendliness, professionalism, perfection and warmth from all of the staff. I left a jumper in the room and the wonderful lady that was on reception called me to tell me, I went back to get it and felt sad that I had to go back to London! I wanted to stay there forever. The lovely gentleman who was working in the bar that night was so kind. I never went into the bar, but I spoke to him regarding something I wanted to know. It concerned something that was available in the bar called a teapig- he was so kind and explained what a teapig was (real tea in a silk purse which tasted natural and was totally different to a regular teabag), he even went and got me one and gave it to me for free, A BIG thank you to all of the lovely staff, I cannot wait to go back there in March for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Wow – ‘The best hotel in the world’, thank you very much, that certainly is a statement. We, as a team strive to give the best service possible, in comfortable surroundings with local foods freshly prepared & cooked to order. I am pleased you felt it was a home from home as this is what we want our guests to feel, like it is an extension of their own home (without have to do the dishes or the laundry) so that they can relax & enjoy a lovely time away. As a team we did enjoy your company whilst you stayed with us & we look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The White Hart is a great hotel. Comfortable, large, well furnished room, with things you long for in other hotels - windows you can open and heating you can control. Bedroom and bathroom immaculately clean. The staff were warm and welcoming and even asked the kitchen team to stay on when I arrived late and hadn't eaten (Cajun salmon salad - delicious). Very good value for money and I'd definitely go back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely review & I am pleased that the staff looked after you on your late arrival & that you enjoyed our food. Some days do not go according to plan & we appreciate that so we will help our guests as much as we possibly can. We look forward to seeing you again & hopefully you can arrive a little earlier & enjoy the hotel even more.