“Lunchtime experience”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a birthday treat, i took my uncle to De Niro's for lunch. Front of house was a group of staff smoking outside and we were greeted though politely, by what appeared to be management in jeans and an anorak. The restaurant was sadly not busy even though it was a lunchtime. The staff were very polite and welcoming. We had starters one of which, the avocado salad, though tasty was huge and i could not detect any avocado. The other starter, king prawns, were delicious. Our mains, steak Buco and the pork medalions were fantastic. Their house white wine was just perfection and so rare to have a white wine at the correct temperature. What i would say is that unless you are going in a party, dont bother with lunchtime as the atmosphere was lacking. The restaurant has a lovely feel about it and i would image would be brilliant at night. You need to work on your coffee. As one who has studied coffee, please review your supply, machine, grade, etc. Not what i would expect from wonderful Italians. I will go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

As a last minute I got invited to have dinner with a friend at this location.
Intially I thought it'll be alright. The decor was nice and the service friendly.
Food was ok. No outstanding but not disgusting either.
No the real disappointment came with when we tried to order coffee. The machine was broken. Ok maybe not their fault but I have no idea for how long it had been out of action and seeing as this place advertises coffee well you expect it to have coffee.
To make matters worse when we tried to pay for our meal the card machine was also broken.
Needless to say I can believe one peice of technology being broke at one time but two and I'm getting suspicious.
I would recommend avoid.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a beatifully laid out resturant with and interesting and varied menu.

Everything was cooked fresh and presented really well. I had Avocado Salad to start which had an unusual twist of sliced spiced prawn. My main was a grilled salmon fillet with pineapple and chlli salsa. This was simply delicious. For dessert I had freshly made pancakes that were light, fluffy and just melted in the mouth. I ordered a cheese plate to finish and was delighted to see that intead of th usual chddear, brie and stilton, I was offered a refreshing mix of cheese from Easten Europe.

The value was stunning. The menus was reasonsbly priced anyway but the night I went they were offering a starter and main for £9.95. The only restiction on the a-la-carte menu was there was an extra charge for steak.

This place is well worth a look!

1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Excellent European food that is very tasty at a very reasonable price with great atmosphere. Good choice of drinks also

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our 4th meal at De Niro's and probably the best. The food was again exceptional and the dancing an unexpected treat. Cracking night !