“fab host” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of thatched cottage - CLOSED

thatched cottage
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: ITALIAN SPECIALS ON IN SEPTEMBER
Long Sutton, null, United Kingdom
“fab host”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

had a really good night , i thoroghly enjoyed my meal and felt i was a valued custemer.The head waiter was friendly and witty , would like to go back.

• Visited December 2013

Bicker, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked for a Friday night, which turned out to be a really quiet night in the restaurant, we were one of only three tables taken, which apparently is usual for that day near to bonfire night. I think the young man who served us was called Jason. He gave us outstanding service, from the bar through to our meal. Good old fashioned service, like our drinks being carried through from the bar to our table. If only service like this was in every eatery! Warm bread served while waiting for starters is a perfect touch. The food we had was very good & the wine we chose, although one of the cheaper ones, was beautiful. My only criticism was that the Sutterton Cranachan dessert needed more flavour & more whiskey, as we couldn't taste any.

• Visited November 2013
Spalding, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trish C-Thatched Cottage restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

A party of us went for a family meal on Saturday evening, my meal was a surf and turf sizzler
priced at £17.95 for this I got 2 king size prawns and one strip of beef the rest was all
onion, peppers and 2 mushrooms and was not very sizzling and a few chips was also
served. My husband had a mixed grill (19.95) and he said it was very dry. Other comments
from our party was the soup was hot but no taste. So overall the experience wasn't cheap
and some of us went home hungry. I have visited this restaurant before and had a lovely meal so what has gone wrong I wonder?.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trish145
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Anniversary meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Thatched cottage for our anniversary just the two of us lovely meal. Deep fried Brie salad then beef pie veg and proper chips then finished off with a special sweet great food great service great atmosphere

Visited October 2013
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“The Thatched Cottage, a local produce pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I visited the thatched cottage recently with my boyfriend. I was very happy with the variety of food on offer, and it is a beautiful pub. I was very pleased to see that they also offer nearly all local produce and even have an in-house butchery.

I had West Highland Scallops to start which was delicious, I was envious of the boyfriend and his spectacular fish and chips main.

The staff were exceptionally attentive and I would recommend a visit!

• Visited October 2013