“Don't go there!”

Bramley House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 17 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were sent here by a landlady who had double booked us. The hotel was scruffy although fairly clean. Rooms were basic. I had a twin room and the landlord had just made the bed up when the other landlady phoned him. Nothing matched, It looked as though everything had been thrown together in a rush. I know that hoteliers need to keep a waterproof on the beds but most places have a matress cover between that and the bottom sheet. The ensuite was tiny with a minute washbasin, almost too tiny to use, and although toiletries were provided, they were of poor quality. There was no heating in the room and it was a cold night.
The 'full English breakfast was edible, but swimming in a mass of tinned tomatos and baked beans. This may have been because the proprietor is Brazilian and didn't know how an English breakfast is served. If we had been earlier we would have looked for somewhere better.

Room Tip: All are noisy. Ask for some heating
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 27, 2013

In august of 2011 I went to Boston to meet one person and I should make a quick decision where to stay cause I had got a list of local b&b and hotels. So after I arrived to Boston by train and while I was sitting in one snack bar and eating what I ordered I came through my list of b&b and made a calls to each of them to find out the prices and availability for one night stay. After made calls I concluded that I want to stay in the Bramley guest house which I really enjoyed. The price and service were enough to say I can recommend it to anyone who goes to that area and want to stay for a night or more somewhere. On a next day I went to the Skegness where I spent a day with a person who I met in Boston. I even left of my belongings in the Bramley House cause I didn't want to drag it along me. So after that day in Skegness I came back in a evening to Boston to collect my belongings and to go to train and went back home. Cause I was in a rush and just traveled without a car or any other type of personal transport I tried to get to the train station by the time not to miss my train. The owner of Bramley house saw me in a rush and he gave a lift to the train station for free and I am really thankful to him for everything.

Room Tip: I took a double bedroom and I enjoyed everything in it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very clean, very comfortable, great service. Value for money. Highly recommended. Brad is extremely helpful, and friendly. Breakfast is very good, and very tasty! This place was booked via my work. Several of my colleagues have stayed here, and all are full of praise.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Andywing1970
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have written a review soon after staying here, but it seems to have got lost in the Ether!
So, here we go again, we stayed at Bramley House early in October. Excellent accomodation, huge double bed very comfortable. En-suite large walk in wet room all very neat and tidy.
The owners provided us with an excellent cooked. breakfast with plenty of choice of cereals toast and drinks. The owners were very helpful and supplied free WiFi.
Just one criticism, please do not carry soiled linen through the room when guest are
having their breakfast, in a black bag would be best if this is necessary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BGB25
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great little guest house which was on a recommendation, so glad we took it up the was room nice and clean bed very comfortable, with tea coffee and biscuits.
The breakfast will keep you going all day!! The owner and staff cannot do more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank walkingin55
Reviewed July 20, 2012

wonderful place. we had a gorgeous room and an ensuite that was something worthy of a 5 star hotel. the owners couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was great with everything you could ask for and more. lovely cooked breakfast too. if you are staying there and want a walk in the evening there is a retail park with currys and comet and homebase and a bit further on tesco. just turn to your right.
We stayed after visiting boston. had a lovely time there and recommend a visit on wednesday to go to the auction. very entertaining. you will find it at the far end of the market and cheap prices for fruit and veg, bikes, plants and brica a brac.
we then went next day to spalding. parked at sprinfield £2 for whole day and then went to spalding on the water taxi £3 one way. then we went round the town and got a bus from bay 1 at the bus station back to springfield. lovely gardens there and worth going just for them. had the sun been shining we would have stayed longer and sat there. only downside is the fountains which i gather are spectacular weren't working. suggest you ring before you go if you want to see them to check.

Room Tip: in annex .disbaled friendly
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank travellersanonymous
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've said I would write a review for this B&B for quite a while now, but after my recent stay (23 June 12) I promised the Hosts I would actually write a few words. Bramley House is situated on the outskirts of Boston, easily within walking distance of the town centre or approx £5 in a taxi (recommend Acorn Taxis) I have stayed here several times over the last 4 years for both business and pleasure. The B&B is easy to find and offers comfortable and affordable accommodation. Every time I have stayed I have been given a very comfortable room and on 3 occasions have been given a room upgrade from a single to a double. On my recent stay a late call that morning secured myself a room that night for £35. The rooms are comfortably furnished and all have tv/free view, free wifi and a decent sized tea tray. Breakfast is served between usually 7-9am and consists of cereals/yogurts/certain pastries/toast and of course, a full English, all served with tea, coffee or fresh orange. The hosts themselves are amazing, cannot do enough for you, always happy to help with a smile! In summery, a great place to stay whether for work or play, highly recommended and will be staying there agin soon :)

• Stayed: June 2012