“second home for two Annie n Me”
Review of Westwood Lakes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Westwood Lakes
Oldham, United Kingdom
“second home for two Annie n Me”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Me and the wife enjoy at least four weekly visits each year, as we arrive,.we know the welcome and any help or information will be readily available .I like the fact that I am close to the water were
the fishing is great ,my wife loves the [no hills walks] and her beloved HOT TUB roll on April

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnneBaynham

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have stayed here a few times over years, the staff (family) are more than helpful, the lodges are well clean, the fishing (so I'm told by my other half) is plentiful. & the staff like dogs!!
Last visited made the cafe was open and lovely.
Ideal for walkers - very flat.
We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank E H
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a girls weekend. Perhaps not an obvious choice when none of us fish but it was centrally located. I can't comment on the fishing, bait shop or cafe but the accommodation was superb. The cabin was large, modern and very clean. The hot tub was cleaned daily. The only negative was that there is no shower in the main bathroom. One shower between 4 girls makes getting ready a long process.

• Stayed November 2012
Frampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I cannot speak about staying here as I only live two miles away but others have already commented most favourably on their stayover experiences.
I can comment on their traditional English breakfasts which are HUGE and freshly cooked. I often notice that a lot of the local tradesmen breakfast there before going out on their days work so if it is good enough for the locals then I think that says all..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is our 8th visit over the last 5 years. The lodges are outstanding, especially if you get one with a hot tub, and they are furnished to a very high standard. Despite there being quite a few fishing matches, this never interfered with us fishing or my daughter riding her bike round the lake. I would recommend this to everyone for both a relaxing break and fishing holiday. We will definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: Get a skylark lodge as they have an extra tv in the bedroom. Also lodges 16 upwards on the skylark l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We recently stayed here as a family. In the westwood 3 vip. The lodge was big and very homely. We also took our dog who also enjoyed being able to plod around the lakes and take herself off without us having to worry too much. The lodge had a hot tub which was amazing we spent alot of time in there and no matter how cold outside it was sooo warm & cosy in there. We stayed out till atleast 10pm & the neighbours would stay out later drinking wine & having a laugh just like we did. I would deffinetly recommend this place as we had a fantastic yet relaxing time here. The fishing wasnt great as my boyfriend & family hardly caught anything but the lake was definetly bug and clean enough. But as the lodge was so nice they didnt mind too much as they could come in and chill out fir the rest of the night. The price was brill for what we got. Deffinatly go to westwood lakes either for familys or groups of friends to relax :)

• Stayed October 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

You don't need to be an angler to love to stay here, the complex is second to none, my
wife and myself have been lucky enough to have resided here on many breaks, and we still want
more! Every member of staff are very helpful, as all previous reviews echo, therefore, you will love it!!!!!

Room Tip: they are all good!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Supreme Inns
Tattershall Lakes Country Park
The Kings Arms Inn
The Kings Arms Inn
#3 of 16 in Boston

Been to Westwood Lakes? Share your experiences!