“Food ok, poor service, staff hurried us too much”
Review of Indian Zest - CLOSED

Indian Zest
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly Opened restaurant taken the space of moment of india
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Food ok, poor service, staff hurried us too much”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Was told about this place by a neighbour who was elderly. She said it was nicely decorated and more modern looking than some other older restaurants, so I thought I would give it a try.
My girlfriend booked us a table for Valentines day and we were looking forward to dining there.

We wanted a table for around 8 o clock in the evening, but we were told that we could have 6.45pm or 8.45pm , so we opted for the earlier sitting.

When we arrived the place was only just starting to fill up, but we felt hurried by the staff to begin eating.
Immediately after we sat down, they didn't offer to take our coats or pull our chairs out for us or any such courtesy, which would have been nice.
They asked us quickly about drinks and we opted for a bottle of the house red, which was fine, if not a little pricey at £13.95.
Then again we felt hurried into eating quickly, they came to ask us what we wanted to order, but we sent them away, as we were not ready then.
The waiter was quite rude I felt,he never smiled once or made us feel like he enjoyed his work and as I couldn't see quite what I wanted I asked him for something medium hot with chicken, he said something to himself and I never knew what dish I had ordered!?
He then asked my girlfriend for her order, she asked if one of the hot dishes could come with coconut, but he said only another dish came with that , but she didn't want that one as it wasn't a hot dish, so no effort was made to accommodate her taste.

The food was ok, even though I had no idea what it was!..... But wasn't anything to write home about.

Again we were hurried to order a desert, all the waiters were rushing about making the place feel rushed and uncaring.
The place filled up with customers( it was valentines day) but there was no great atmosphere or sense of customer satisfaction.
We left after an hour or so, feeling nothing much in the way of wishing to return for any good reason.
We settled the bill but never left a tip or wanted to.
The manager never said anything at all to us ,as if we were foreign or criminals , so we won't be going back there, but decided to let others review our experience and decide for themselves.

The idea for us is about the whole experience...... Food, Atmosphere and above all Service.

The Service here was awful and that's what totally let the place down as a nice eating place.
3/10

Visited February 2014

“Fantastic Food, great service! ”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited Indian Zest last night and the food was amazing, we had prompt service and were given adequate time between courses so as the meal didn't feel rushed. We booked on impulse and 35 minutes later were sitting down enjoying our entrées. All in all a fabulous evening and we would thoroughly recommend Indian Zest. I've read some negative reviews on here and all I can say is you can't please all the people all the time! All restaurants suffer problems from time to time. Take time to read ALL the reviews is my advice.

england
“Lovely atmosphere, could sharpen up the service”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Lots of Indian Restaurants to choose from and first time at this one. First impressions very good and was quite busy for a Thursday. Food was tasty and very well presented but long delay before ordering and between courses. Asked for bill and ended up having to go to counter to pay. With just a little attention to service this would get a great vote from me.

Visited February 2014
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Appalling service & rudeness from the Mananger of Indian Zest”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have been using Indian Zest for a number of years, I always found the food very nice hence why I use to dine there on a frequent basis with friends and family. When my mother was arranging her 80th Birthday dinner recently, she ask me to recommend a restaurant that could cater for a family party. I suggested that we might enquire whether Indian Zest could cater for 12 people on a Saturday night (15 February 2014). We were given a party menu which included papadoms, starters, mains with rice and sides, finally a dessert or tea or coffee. We were very happy with this menu and agreed to pre-order our mains in
order to help the kitchen out. On the night of my mothers birthday celebration meal everything started out ok, papadoms were brought to the table, one bottle of wine when we had ordered 4. We were left and left nobody checking to see if we had finished, did we need any more drinks, no the waiting staff were run off their feet and were fetching takeaways to other customers. Finally, we managed to get the attention of Manager, we asked when the starters were coming out he told us that we hadn't ordered starters but the party menu which we agreed to have when we booked the table had starters on. Anyway that's when the Manager became rude to several members of our family. Having waited such a long time for our starters and main our appetites were ruined together with the attitude of the manager. We paid our bill my sister voiced her feelings to the manager and he told her to leave. Basically, why would anyone want to use Indian Zest Market Harborough bad service, rudeness and the food was rubbish. We certainly wouldn't recommend then to anyone, shame it was all about getting as much money through the till, not staffing correctly just to keep the costs down.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Susan C
Yecla, Spain
“Great takeaway.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Having just got back on Sunday from 3 weeks away in Spain and having nothing in the fridge we decided to order a take away from this Restaurant that we had been to once before. I ordered the food for 3 people and was advised that it would be ready in 25 minutes which it was. Excellent food all round and we were all well pleased with our choices. Looking forward to doing it again.

• Visited February 2014