“Fresh Indian food with lovely flavours”
Review of Indian Zest - CLOSED

Indian Zest
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly Opened restaurant taken the space of moment of india
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a gem of an Indian restaurant, very modern inside and friendly staff. The food is not your average Indian it is a class above the rest. Very subtle spicing, vibrant colours and interesting choice of dishes. The chicken Tikka and lamb kebabs are so good and naan breads so light and fluffy yum.
The food comes already plated in dishes so you have to mention if you want to share as we found out (a bit strange having you curry all on your plate at once).
They do deal at lunch time - can be very quiet and also an early bird special which is worth going straight from work for.
A real find.

1  Thank SallyPaul2

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have just ordered take away from this restaurant and it was really delicious - tasty, hot and great quality. Good range of different dishes. Complimentary pappadoms. Friendly and quick service. Best Indian in market harborough!!

1  Thank Emily C
Reviewed December 23, 2012

It is said that some Indian dishes (like Chicken Tikka Massala) are more British than Fish and Chips and it is certainly true that Indian restaurants around the country vary in quality and ambience hugely, but Indian Zest in Market Harborough takes authentic Asian cuisine (both Indian and Nepalese) and adapts it to British tastes in a very unique and highly superior manner. In all honesty, ff you are looking for a Chicken Vindaloo to soak up the alcohol after fifteen pints of lager, then this is not the place to go... if, however, you want subtlty and a discerning dining experience, then Indian Zest is where you will find it!

Personally, I have always liked Indian food and can date my first visit to an Indian restaurant to the time when the options for Chicken Curry were "on" or "off" the bone! But with and eleven-year-old son and Russian wife, neither of whom care much for anything hugely hot, I seldom get the opportunity to enjoy the delicaies of the subcontinent.

So, when a friend suggested going for a curry one cold December lunchtime, I jumped at the opportunity and we arrived at about 12.30 on a dank and dull, pre-Christmas Wednesday. Parking the car in the rear carpark and entering the restaurant through the back door, adjacent to the kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised by the welcome that we received as we were shuttled to our table. The service throughout the meal was both unobtrustive and attentive.

My friend went for the staple Prawn Madras, whilst I ventured into the "innovative" menu and tried the "Old Delhi Style Chicken Curry". Poppadoms and half a bottle of beer later, it was clear when our food arrived that this was not the 'run-of-the-mill' Indian restaurant! Beautifully, almost artisically presented, it was evident that the food had been cooked to order and to a precise recipe rather than an adaptation of a standard. Coffee and mints saw this visit off... but I vowed to return.

Consequently, a couple of days later, I suggested to my wife and son (whom, you recall, both dislike hot and spicy food) that we should try Indian Zest as I thought they might enjoy it. Both noses turned north in disdain and uncertainty, but I persisted despite threats of severe personal harm if they disliked the food (or the food disliked them!) We visited on the next Sunday evening and the waiter was most obliging in recommending dishes that would suit my son (Chicken Tikka Korma) and wife (King Prawn Delight) whilst I went for another innovative dish, the Rogan Josh Lamb Shank. All three dishes were superb and again beautifully served on irregular white plates that complemented the deliciousness of the food. My son scoffed his Korma and pronounced it to be 'lush' (apparently modern parlance for fantastic!) my wife beamed as she bit into her King Prawns and announced that it was superb... and I sat with a warm glow of smug satisfaction as I devoured my succulent lamb.

The corner has been turned, both my wife and son are no longer afraid to eat Indian food, although with the standard set by the Indian Zest, I suspect that any other Indian restaurant will fall way short of their high expectations. Thank you, Indian Zest.

This restaurant is a substantial cut above the average; the Chef boasts a resume that includes top eateries in India and London and this is clear from the devotion to detail and superb choice of the highest quality ingredients; the front-of-house staff are welcoming, helpful, knowledgable and willing to indulge the difficult-to-please diner; the decor is modern... and if this restaurant does not start collecting accolades from recognised guides, I (for one) will be extremely surprised.

2  Thank Medvedjornak
Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you live near Market Harborough and haven't eaten here yet, you must be mad! The food is mouthwatering and beautifully presented in a modern style. Service is first class, nothing is too much trouble and they were happy to tailor a dish to suit my ten year old so it wasnt too spicy. She loved it and asks to go there now! Good vegetarian choice, which makes a nice change. Even my critical partner (who is Asian) raved about the food!

1  Thank Jo H
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Expect to be surprised. It's like a tardis - ordinary front and entrance concealing a lovely comfortable reataurant, and the "Indian" label only begins to tell you what a variety of innovative dishes are on offer. They are truly delicious blends of Indian and modern European styles. Service is top rate too.

1  Thank stella317