“If this was my introduction to Italian Food - I wouldn't eat it again! Thank goodness for the voucher!!”

Zizzi - Market Harborough
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Walk along the high street and you will find Zizzi Italian restaurant not too far from the centre of Market Harborough. Zizzi is popular for special occasions, providing a fun and relaxed dining experience that locals love. Families are welcome at anytime and kids can make their own pizzas. With a small outdoor area in the summer, Zizzi is an ideal place in which to watch the world go by whilst enjoying a glass of your favourite tipple. The conservatory can be hired for private events on request. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went to Zizzi in Market Harborough to celebrate my daughter finishing her January A levels. There was a party of six. We ordered drinks, lemonade, coke x 2 (1 x large 1x small) , peroni x 2 and bitter shandy, We got lemonade, 2 x coke (2 x small) 2 peronis and a LAGER shandy. Come on lets give it a chance!
We started off with garlic bread, bread and oil and what looked like brushetta to share between 6 , when it came the waiter plonked the food on the table and walked away, the food was on serving plates we had to ask for side plates so that we could share, There was only 1 oil dipping/dish provided that was the size of asmall serving spoon . The garlic bread was very dry the bread didn't taste of anything really, very disapointing.
Next we went for chicken and pasta, chicken wrapped in parma ham, lasagne (which was unavailable) so decided to have the fish stew, chicken pizza and 2 x calzone pizzas/breads.
The food came fairly quickly the chicken pizza was dry and chewy, my son did not think much to the chicken wrapped in parma ham, the fish stew was ok not enough bread for the liquid, the 2 calzone pizzas which was spicy sausage was as the name said spicy! We had to keep catching the waiters attention for drinks etc. No we wont be going back. thank god for the voucher 25% off the price which was the best bit of the whole meal, and you guessed it no we didn't want a pudding!!

1  Thank Gent123

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I booked a night away last minute to the lovely town of Market harborough. We had the pleasure of attending Zizzi for dinner and were not disappointed. The friendly matre de found us a table for two even though we had not booked and it was clearly busy. The staff were friendly and extremely attentive and I love the open kitchen area where you can see the chefs cooking your food from fresh. We did not wait long for our food and OMG it was divine! In fact we will certainly return to Market Harborough just so we can eat here again......
Dine here and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food here is always good but the service can be very slow if they are busy. Sensible to book as even though it may look empty they do not always have tables available, which I think is due to staffing levels at certain times of the day. Staff are helpful but the menu could do with being changed more frequently. Can be quite noisy in there due to the layout. Beer is expensive.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had an amazing waiter; he always tended to us quickly. Our food came in a matter of minutes and tasted devine.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

went with mine and my sisters family on christmas eve, the wine was warm the "chilli chicken" had 4 bits of chicken in it and for £9.95 that is not good value for money, my sisters fish dish was bland and tasteless, my brother in law had the pork belly and it was fatty not at all crispy skinned. for all of us this cost £200, i have always liked zizzi in the past but would rather give my money to wildwood or timos much better value for money.

1  Thank jilly1966