“Excellent value”

Ranked #12 of 30 Restaurants in Nailsworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

I and a walking friend go out once a month, a typical routine being to catch a bus using our Senior Citizen Pass, and to walk back. Yesterday we caught a bus from Nailsworth to Tetbury and walked back. A lot of effort goes into planning these walks an integral part of which is our refreshment stop. There is plenty of choice in Nailsworth, and we were guided by the excellent reviews in Trip Advisor.

I share all my experiences on Trip Advisor, my criteria for awarding stars being, quantity (I like a good breakfast), quality, value, surroundings, and service. All boxes were emphatically ticked, and with the warm and friendly service, the experience was more pleasureable than many others I have awarded 5 stars.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed November 30, 2018

very pleased with the snack lunch.....perfect for our visit an woud go there again if passing. clean and quiet and polite

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2018

I think this might be known as the Upstairs and Downstairs Cafe now? Either way, we thoroughly enjoyed cooked Veggie and English cooked breakfasts there this week. Very accommodating staff, particularly for our dog. Decor is simple but pleasant, and is clearly well liked by people of various backgrounds and ages.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for coffee and cake, very happy and will visit again when in the area. Others around us were having lunch and the food looked delicious.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2017

James not only makes the best coffee but also the best soup in Nailsworth which is why Ray and I go nearly every week. The cafe is small but always friendly and welcoming -a bit like going to a friend's house for a coffee or lunch with both good food and good conversation on offer. It is being refurbished this week and so will be closed for a short while.

Date of visit: January 2017